Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Cannon Ammunition 13 - 20 mm

 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next Page 1 of 11

INERT DEACTIVATED. WW2, 1943 dated German 20 mm MK151/20 (20x82) Armour Piercing Incendiary (API) Cannon Round. - O 1827
INERT DEACTIVATED. This a German 20mm MK 151/20 (20x82) Armour Piercing Incendiary (API) aircraft cannon round fitted to various German aircraft during WW2, including the Me109, FW190,various night fighters and bomber aircraft. The brown lacquered steel cartridge case is percussion primed and retains its original lacquer. The cartridge case is headstamped htg (Polte Armaturen- u. Maschinenfabriken AG, Duderstadt plant, Westphalia) 27 4b. The projectile is stamped above the driving band wg (Hasag, Hugo Schneider AG, Altenburg) 11a 43 (1943 date) 115g. The armour piercing projectile has a sintered iron driving banded and retains much or the original black painted finish and its blue incendiary band near the nose. The Both projectile and cartridge case have no cracks in the necks. No licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as a part of a collection or display. Price includes UK delivery. O 1827
£155.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. Unfired Rare American 1943 dated 1.1 inch (28x199R) High Explosive DRILL Round. - O 1826
INERT DEACTIVATED. This is a rare American 1943 dated 1.1 inch (28x199R) high explosive DRILL round for the water cooled, clip fed quad mount anti-aircraft gun fitted to some US naval ships from at the start of WW2. This gun, developed in the 1930s, was unsuccessful in service and was soon replaced by the 20mm Oerlikon and 40mm Bofors guns used throughout WW2. This round has a brass semi rimmed cartridge case headstamped F.S.C. (Fucton Sylphon Co) 4.43 (April 1943 date) 1”.10 Mk.I. 75 CAL an anchor DRILL AMMUNITION. The cartridge case has three 3/8 inch diameter holes drilled across the cartridge case. The projectile id held in the cartridge case by a single ring crimp and a through bolt from the primer pocket to the base of the projectile. The projectile has a wide brass driving band on the steel projectile with an alloy plug representing a nose fuse. The price includes UK delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as a part of a collection or display. O 1826
£375.00

INERT DEACTIVATED Rare, Unfired, WW1, 1917 dated German 20mm Becker (20x70 RB) Aircraft Cannon Incendiary Round. - O 1821
INERT DEACTIVATED. This is a rare unfired WW1 German Becker 20mm (20x70 RB) aircraft cannon incendiary round. During 1915, German Reinhold Becker developed a 20 mm calibre cannon using the advanced primer ignition blowback method of operation. The gun used a brass cased 20x70 RB cartridge and had a cyclic rate of fire of 300 rpm. The main use of this gun was as an aircraft gun on the Gotha and AEG GIV bombers, the Albatross G1 and on several airships. This round was developed for use against British airships. The Becker round was the forerunner for the Oerlikon 20 mm FF, FFL and FFS series of aircraft cannon rounds used into the Second World War. The unfired brass cartridge case is headstamped P&S 30 Sp61 17 (1917 date). The projectile has a squared off nose identifying it as an incendiary projectile and has a copper driving band. The projectile is stamped round the circumference near the nose M (in a circle) 12 18 (1918 date). The price includes UK delivery and no licence is required to possess this inert round in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1821
£395.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. British, 1941 Dated, 20mm Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 Aircraft Cannon Ball Round. - O 1820
INERT DEACTIVATED. The HS.404 cannon was originally designed and produced by Spanish/French company Hispano-Suiza in the mid-1930s. The guns was also referred to as Birkigt type 404, after its designer Marc Birkigt and later versions based on British development are known as 20 mm Hispano. In 1938, an aircraft based version of the HS.404 was produced at the request of the French government which was installed on a wide range of pre-war French fighter aircraft, notably in installations firing through the propeller shaft of the Hispano-Suiza 12Y engine fitted to some early French Air Force aircraft. The HS.404 was fed by drum magazines which held 60 rounds of ammunition. Later on in 1940, the HS404 cannon was adopted by the Royal Air Force and entered service arming the Bristol Beaufighter and the Westland Whirlwind which carried 4 of the guns internally. The gun was also used in Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. The gun however with its original 60 round drum feed although very effective in combat was mechanically unreliable. The gun was later modified to a belt feed which was reliable and served in many aircraft throughout WW2 including the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest as standard equipment or an upgrade of the Browning .303 machine gun as an effective hard hitting gun. The round was later used in the De Havilland Vampire and Gloster Meteor fighter aircraft World War 2 and after. This 20mm HS 404 high explosive incendiary (HEI) round is headstamped crowfoot (Ministry of Supply Factory, Radway Green, Cheshire, England) 20MM 1941 (1941 Air Service date). The projectile is a steel ball round with a copper driving band and is retained by 4 stab crimps at the case mouth. The price U.K. delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1820
£175.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. 1938 Dated, Swiss Made 20mm Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 Aircraft Cannon High Explosive (HE) Round. - O 1819
INERT DEACTIVATED. The HS.404 is a cannon was originally designed and produced by Spanish/French company Hispano-Suiza in the mid-1930s. The guns also referred to as Birkigt type 404, after its designer Marc Birkigt and later versions based on British development are known as 20 mm Hispano. In 1938, an aircraft based version of the HS.404 was produced at the request of the French government which was installed on a wide range of pre-war French fighter aircraft, notably in installations firing through the propeller shaft of the Hispano-Suiza 12Y engine fitted to some early French Air Force aircraft. The HS.404 was fed by drum magazines which held 60 rounds of ammunition. Later on in 1940, the HS404 cannon was adopted by the Royal Air Force and entered service arming the Bristol Beaufighter and the Westland Whirlwind which carried 4 of the guns internally. The gun was also used in Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. The gun however with its original 60 round drum feed although very effective in combat was mechanically unreliable. The gun was later modified to a belt feed which was reliable and served in many aircraft throughout WW2 including the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest as standard equipment or an upgrade of the Browning .303 machine gun as an effective hard hitting gun. The round was later used in the De Havilland Vampire and Gloster Meteor fighter aircraft World War 2 and after. This is An early Swiss contract high explosive round manufactured in January 1939 probably for the French Air Force aircraft fitted with this gun. The round is headstamped HSS (Altforf factory) 01 39 (January 1939 date) A. and has a brass percussion primer. The round is fitted with a high explosive steel projectile with a copper driving band a brass impact nose fuse. the projectile is crimped in with a circular shallow crimp. The price for this early Swiss production high explosive round includes U.K. delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1819
£175.00

SOLD SOLD (LAY AWAY 14/12) INERT DEACTIVATED. British, 1944 Dated, 20mm Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 Aircraft Cannon High Explosive Incendiary (HEI) Round. - O 1818
INERT DEACTIVATED. The HS.404 is a cannon was originally designed and produced by Spanish/French company Hispano-Suiza in the mid-1930s. The guns was also referred to as Birkigt type 404, after its designer Marc Birkigt and later versions based on British development are known as 20 mm Hispano. In 1938, an aircraft based version of the HS.404 was produced at the request of the French government which was installed on a wide range of pre-war French fighter aircraft, notably in installations firing through the propeller shaft of the Hispano-Suiza 12Y engine. The HS.404 was fed by drum magazines which held 60 rounds of ammunition. Later on in 1940, the HS404 cannon was adopted by the Royal Air Force and entered service arming the Bristol Beaufighter and the Westland Whirlwind which carried 4 of the guns internally. The gun was also used in Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. The gun however with its original 60 round drum feed although very effective in combat was mechanically unreliable. The gun was later modified to a belt feed which was reliable and served in many aircraft throughout WW2 including the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest as standard equipment or an upgrade of the Browning .303 machine gun as an effective hard hitting gun. The round was later used in the De Havilland Vampire and Gloster Meteor fighter aircraft World War 2 and after. This 20mm HS 404 high explosive incendiary (HEI) round made by Raleigh Cycles Limited of Birmingham that was original a ball round but it has been painted to represent a HEI round by its colours for loading drills. The round is headstamped H (Hall’s Telephone Co.) 1944 (1944 Air Service date) 20MM and has a brass percussion primer with a red primer annulus. The projectile is a steel ball round with a copper driving band and is retained by 4 long stab crimps at the case mouth. The projectile is painted in red and buff to signify a HEI round. The round is fitted with a brass impact fuse The price U.K. delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1818
£0.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. 1943 Dated Hispano-Suiza 20mm (20x110) HS 404 Aircraft Cannon Armour Piercing (AP) Round. - O 1817
INERT DEACTIVATED. The 20mm Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 aircraft cannon which first entered service experimentally in the Battle of Britain in 1940 arming several Supermarine Spitfires and also in the Bristol Beaufighter which carried 4 of the guns internally. The gun however with its original 60 round drum feed although very effective in combat was mechanically unreliable. The gun was later modified to a belt feed which was reliable and served in many aircraft throughout WW2 including the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest as standard equipment or an upgrade of the Browning .303 machine gun as an effective hard hitting gun. The round was later used in the De Havilland Vampire and Gloster Meteor fighter aircraft after World War 2. This is a Hispano HS 404 armour piercing round manufactured in 1941. Aircraft rounds at this time used the full date code, eg 1940 as opposed to other services using the last two numbers, eg. 40. The lacquered steel cartridge case is headstamped NECO (Northern Engraving & Mfg. Co., La Crosse, Wisconsin) 20MM 1943 (date) M21A1B1). The steel projectile retains most of its original black painted finish has a copper driving band with a bakelite ballistic cap profiled to the high explosive round so it enabled the different projectiles to keep the same trajectory, all projectiles being the same weight. The bakelite ballistic caps being quite fragile rarely survive intact. This ballistic cap has no damage to it and retains most of its original two white near the tip indicating full armour piercing performance, i.e. it would penetrate 20mm of steel plate. The price includes U.K. delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1817
£175.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. 1957 Dated, Kynoch Production, Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 Aircraft Cannon DRILL Round. - O 1814
INERT DEACTIVATED. The HS.404 is a cannon was originally designed and produced by Spanish/French company Hispano-Suiza in the mid-1930s. The guns also referred to as Birkigt type 404, after its designer Marc Birkigt and later versions based on British development are known as 20 mm Hispano. In 1938, an aircraft based version of the HS.404 was produced at the request of the French government which was installed on a wide range of pre-war French fighter aircraft, notably in installations firing through the propeller shaft of the Hispano-Suiza 12Y engine. The HS.404 was fed by drum magazines which held 60 rounds of ammunition. Later on in 1940, the HS404 cannon was adopted by the Royal Air Force and entered service arming the Bristol Beaufighter and the Westland Whirlwind which carried 4 of the guns internally. The gun was also used in Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. The gun however with its original 60 round drum feed although very effective in combat was mechanically unreliable. The gun was later modified to a belt feed which was reliable and served in many aircraft throughout WW2 including the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest as standard equipment or an upgrade of the Browning .303 machine gun as an effective hard hitting gun. The round was later used in the De Havilland Vampire and Gloster Meteor fighter aircraft World War 2 and after. This round has a brass cartridge case and headstamped K 57 (Kynoch 1957) 20MM. The solid ball projectile has a copper driving band and is crimped into the cartridge case with 4 long stab crimps and retains most of its original ivory painted finish and is stencilled in white DUMMY. The cartridge case was made by the Kynoch and has a fired primer and three ¼ inch holes round its circumference. The round also has a wooden spacer visible through the holes drilled in the cartridge case. The price U.K. delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1814
£125.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. 1944 Dated, British, Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 Ball Round. - O 1811
INERT DEACTIVATED. The HS.404 is a cannon was originally designed and produced by Spanish/French company Hispano-Suiza in the mid-1930s. The guns also referred to as Birkigt type 404, after its designer Marc Birkigt and later versions based on British development are known as 20 mm Hispano. In 1938, an aircraft based version of the HS.404 was produced at the request of the French government which was installed on a wide range of pre-war French fighter aircraft, notably in installations firing through the propeller shaft of the Hispano-Suiza 12Y engine. The HS.404 was fed by drum magazines which held 60 rounds of ammunition. Later on in 1940, the HS404 cannon was adopted by the Royal Air Force and entered service arming the Bristol Beaufighter and the Westland Whirlwind which carried 4 of the guns internally. The gun was also used in Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. The gun however with its original 60 round drum feed although very effective in combat was mechanically unreliable. The gun was later modified to a belt feed which was reliable and served in many aircraft throughout WW2 including the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest as standard equipment or an upgrade of the Browning .303 machine gun as an effective hard hitting gun. The round was later used in the De Havilland Vampire and Gloster Meteor fighter aircraft World War 2 and after. This 20mm HS 404 ball round is headstamped ST (Royal Ordnance Factory, Seaton) 44 (1944 date) 20MM. The cartridge case has the remains of an orange oval red stencil with 20°F on the side. The projectile is a steel ball round with a copper driving band and is retained by 4 long stab crimps at the case mouth. The projectile retains much of its original black painted finish. The price U.K. delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1811
£125.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. 1942 Dated, Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 Aircraft Cannon DRILL High Explosive Incendiary (HEI) Round. - O 1810
INERT DEACTIVATED. The HS.404 is a cannon was originally designed and produced by Spanish/French company Hispano-Suiza in the mid-1930s. The guns also referred to as Birkigt type 404, after its designer Marc Birkigt and later versions based on British development are known as 20 mm Hispano. In 1938, an aircraft based version of the HS.404 was produced at the request of the French government which was installed on a wide range of pre-war French fighter aircraft, notably in installations firing through the propeller shaft of the Hispano-Suiza 12Y engine. The HS.404 was fed by drum magazines which held 60 rounds of ammunition. Later on in 1940, the HS404 cannon was adopted by the Royal Air Force and entered service arming the Bristol Beaufighter and the Westland Whirlwind which carried 4 of the guns internally. The gun was also used in Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. The gun however with its original 60 round drum feed although very effective in combat was mechanically unreliable. The gun was later modified to a belt feed which was reliable and served in many aircraft throughout WW2 including the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest as standard equipment or an upgrade of the Browning .303 machine gun as an effective hard hitting gun. The round was later used in the De Havilland Vampire and Gloster Meteor fighter aircraft World War 2 and after. This 20mm HS 404 high explosive incendiary (HEI) drill round is made from a drill ball round made by Raleigh Cycles Limited of Birmingham that was original a ball round but it has been painted to represent a HEI round by its colours for loading drills. The cartridge case was made by the Raleigh Cycle Company and has an empty primer pocket and three ¼ inch holes round its circumference. The round also has a wooden spacer visible through the holes drilled in the cartridge case which has a steel bar inserted in it for weight which can be seen through the primer hole. The round is headstamped R.H (Raleigh Cycle Company, Limited, Nottingham, England) 1942 (1942 Air Service date) 20MM. The projectile is a steel ball round with a copper driving band and is retained by 4 long stab crimps at the case mouth. The projectile is painted in red and buff to signify a HEI round. The round is fitted with a blunt ball projectile with a steel driving band. The price U.K. delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1810
£125.00
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next Page 1 of 11