Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Miscellaneous

 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page 1 of 10

British ML 4.2 Inch Mortar Sight Mk4. MISC 879 - MISC 879
This is a British ML 3 inch and 4.2 inch mark 4 sight for the British Army’s muzzle loading heavy 4.2 inch mortar used extensively from its introduction in 1942 and whose main use was in firing High Explosive and Smoke rounds. The mortar was used by both British and US forces during WWII. The sight was made by G.D.LTD in 1954 and was designed to measure bearing and angles and would be attached near the muzzle end or was mounted on one of the mortar's legs. The sight is engraved on the body for 3 inch and 4.2 inch mortars with the large alloy drum scale ENGRAVED FOR SIGHT S.B. 4.2 IN MORTAR MK 4. The sight retains most of its original black paint and is complete with its mounting lug. The price includes U.K. delivery. MISC 879
£375.00

SOLD SOLD (12/11) WW2 1941 Nazi German Battle Of Crete (Kreta) Commemorative Wall Plaque Featuring The White Metal Bust Of A German Fallschirmjäger Paratrooper. Sn 16900 - 16900
The Battle of Crete (German: Luftlandeschlacht um Kreta), was fought during the Second World War on the Greek island of Crete. It began on the morning of 20 May 1941, when Nazi Germany began an airborne invasion of Crete. Greek and other Allied forces, along with Cretan civilians, defended the island. The Battle of Crete was the first occasion where Fallschirmjäger (German Paratroops) were used en masse. This is an excellent original wall plaque made in the period commemorating the Battle of Crete. The plaque features a large side profile bust of a Nazi German Fallschirmjäger Paratrooper in uniform wearing a Para jump helmet featuring the Luftwaffe Eagle with swastika. The bust is made of heavy deep cast white metal. The bust is securely fixed to its dark wood plaque by 2 concealed pins or bolts. The plaque with bust measures 8 ½”x 11"x 1 ½”. The bottom right of the plaque has carved text ‘Kreta’ (Crete) & ‘1941’ date. The heavy commemorative piece weighs 2.640 Kg. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 16900
£0.00

Pietta Blank Firing, Western Colt Model 1861 Navy 9mm Calibre Brass Framed Revolver With Engraved Cylinder Scene. MISC 878 - MISC 878
The Colt Model 1861 Navy cap & ball .36-calibre revolver was a six-shot, single-action percussion weapon produced by Colt's Manufacturing Company from 1861 until 1873. It was used as a side arm by Navy, Cavalry, Infantry & Artillery troops during the American West & Civil War Era. The Colt design lives on today in the form of quality full size replicas and blank firing pistols true to the original Colt pistols, from Italian manufacturers Uberti, Pietta, and Euroarms. This quality Pietta manufactured example of the Colt Model 1861 Navy revolver is in excellent condition. The pistol has brass frame, an 8” blued steel barrel and measures 14 ½” overall. The left side of the barrel is crisply stamped 'Cal 9mm K'. The right side 'Pietta Made In Italy'. It’s blued cylinder has the correct engraved cylinder scene of the victory of the Second Texas Navy at the Battle of Campeche on May 16, 1843 as found on the original Colt pistol’s . The scene is crisp and has the inscription ‘Engaged 16 May 1843’. The cylinder is also marked with Colt’s Patent detail (illustrated). Its wood grip is undamaged. The pistol’s single action firing mechanism works as it should. It has the correct blocked barrel & off set cylinder. The price includes UK delivery. MISC 878
£225.00

Pietta Sheriff’s 1851 (American Western Colt M1851 Navy) 9mm Blank Firing 6 Shot Single Action Revolver. Sn 16885 - 16885
The Colt M1851 Navy cap & ball revolver was a six-shot, single-action percussion weapon produced by Colt's Manufacturing Company. It saw widespread use in the American Civil War and on the American Western frontier. The Colt design lives on today in the form of quality full size replicas and blank firing pistols true to the original Colt pistols, from Italian manufacturers Uberti, Pietta, and Euroarms. This Pietta manufactured example of the Colt Navy revolver, retailed by Pietta as the 'Sherrif’s 1851' is in excellent condition. The pistol has a 5" round stepped to octagonal blued steel barrel and measures 11 ½” overall. The right side of the barrel is crisply stamped 'Sheriff’s 1851 Cal 9mm K’. The left side 'Pietta Made In Italy'. It has a brass frame & blued cylinder. It has an undamaged wood grip. The pistol’s single action firing mechanism works correctly and it has the correct blocked and slotted barrel & off set cylinder. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 16885
£225.00

MINT, Blank Firing, Pietta Western Remington New Army 9mm Calibre Single Action Revolver & Black Leather Holster By PWL (Price Western Leather Company). Sn 16884 - 16884
The Remington New Army Model, was a single action, 6 shot, percussion revolver manufactured by Remington & Sons in .44 Calibre used by soldiers of both sides during the American Civil War. The Remington design lives on today in the form of quality full size replicas and blank firing pistols true to the original Remington pistols, from Italian manufacturers Uberti, Pietta, and Euroarms. This quality Pietta manufactured example of the Remington Army revolver retailed by Pietta as the ‘Western Remington New Army’ is in near mint condition. The pistol has an 8” blued steel octagonal barrel and measures 14 ½” overall. The right side of the barrel is crisply stamped ‘Western Remington New Army Cal 9mm Knall'. The left side 'Pietta Made In Italy'. It retains all of its original blue finish and has a brass frame. Its wood grips are excellent and undamaged. The pistol’s single action firing mechanism works as it should. It has the correct blocked barrel & offset cylinder. The pistol in similar near mint condition, comes with a quality black leather holster true to the form of original American Civil war period holsters. Made of cow hide all leather and stitching are clean and intact. It has a full flap cover and brass press stud fastener. The rear of the holster has a single belt loop which is impressed by the manufacturer ‘PWL (Price Western Leather Company) Made In England’ above ‘9303’ and ‘L/7’. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 16884
£245.00

WW1 1917 Cased British Officer’s ‘Diswan’ (Swan UK / Edison USA) Bullseye Trench Torch. Sn 16874 - 16874
Established in 1886, within five years of the foundation of Swan's Electric Light company at Duck Lees Lane, Ponders End Factory, Middlesex, England the Company swiftly amalgamation with the American Edison's British operations to form ‘Ediswan’. The company made a broad range of lighting equipment including torches and equipment for the British military in WW1. This is an original WW1 1917 dated Cased British Officer’s ‘ Bullseye’ lens trench torch by ‘Ediswan’. These torches were meant to be used while still in their cases to provide protection in the field to the body of the case. The torch measures 12” overall length. The leather bound metal body has nickel plated brass mounts including on/off switch, screw off battery compartment cap which has a stylised Union flag and WD arrow scratched into the surface of the plating & screw off bullseye lens holder. The Bullseye lens is clean and undamaged. The body of the torch is stamped with ‘1917’ date and manufacturer detail ‘DISWAN’ together with ‘2’ above ‘302871’. The torch has no damage and is in excellent condition (we do not know if the torch works). The torch has its original brown leather case with hinged lid so it can be used while cased and leather shoulder strap. The case is correctly holed to allow the on /off button to be used while cased. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 16874
£245.00

SOLD SOLD (16/11) WW1 BATTLE OF JUTLAND CONNECTIONS, 1922 Thomas W. Ward Sheffield Brass Battleship Gun Turret Desk Top Ink Well Made From Brass Recovered From Surrendered WW1 Imperial German Dreadnought SMS Helgoland. Sn 16872 - 16872
SMS Helgoland, the lead ship of her class, was a dreadnought battleship of the German Imperial Navy. Helgoland's design represented an incremental improvement over the preceding Nassau class including an increase in the bore diameter of the main guns. Her keel was laid down on 11 November 1908 at the Howaldtswerke shipyards in Kiel. Helgoland was launched on 25 September 1909 and was commissioned on 23 August 1911. SMS Helgoland saw action against Britain's Royal Navy during World War I. The ship participated in several sweeps into the North Sea as the covering force for the battlecruisers of the I Scouting Group. She saw duty in the Baltic Sea against the Russian Navy, including serving as part of a support force during the Battle of the Gulf of Riga in August 1915. Helgoland was present at the Battle of Jutland on 31 May – 1 June 1916. Helgoland was ceded to Great Britain at the end of the war and broken up for scrap in the early 1920s. A copy of a contemporary photograph of the battleship Helgoland is illustrated in image 2. Thomas. W. Ward Ltd was a Sheffield, Yorkshire, steel, engineering and cement business which began as coal and coke merchants then expanded to recycling metal for Sheffield's steel industry, engineering and the supply of machinery. In 1894 as part of the scrap metal operation Ward's began to set up substantial shipbreaking yards in different parts of England and in Scotland and Wales. By 1953 Thos W Ward employed 11,500 people. This ink well by Thomas W. Ward Sheffield was made in 1922 from brass recovered from Helgoland after she was broken up for scrap. The solid brass ink well represents a ships gun turret modelled on Helgoland’s guns, with 2 barrels. The top of the turret has a hinged compartment which contains 2 white metal ink holders. The inside of the lid is cast “Cast from metal Ex-Surrendered German Battleship ‘Helgoland’ Thos W Ward Ltd Sheffield” & dated “1922”. The turret is bolted to its original solid brass octagonal plinth and the turret swivels 360 degrees on the plinth. From muzzle to rear of turret measures 19.5 cms. The base is 10.6 cms x 10.6 cms and it is 5.5 cms height overall. The ink well is a hefty 1.980 kilos weight. The brass & ink holders are clean and undamaged. The price for this interesting conversation piece includes UK delivery. Sn 16872
£0.00

RESERVED RESERVED ‘MEMENTO OF THE GREAT WAR’ Original WW1 British No.5 Mills Hand Grenade Hollow Casing Period Converted To Ink Well 1915 Regd No 651542 With Porcelain Ink Pot Insert On Pen Holder Plinth. Sn 16573 - 16573
This is an original WW1 British No.5 Mills Hand Grenade hollow casing period converted to ink well. The top of the casing has been factory cut and hinged to provide a lid and the body contains a white Porcelain pot for ink. The edges of the pot have some chips but it is still able to hold ink as it should. The segmented casing is bolted to its original heavy square glazed ceramic plinth the top edges of which are grooved to hold pens / quills. The bolt, nut can be accessed from the underside to remove the casing from the plinth if required. The underside of the plinth is cast with indistinct Registration numbers which appear to be ‘ Reg No 6-2414 and 1116-9’. The front aspect of the plinth has ‘MEMENTO OF THE GREAT WAR ACTUAL HAND GRENADE CASTING AS USED BY THE ALLIES’ In yellow. The rear aspect has ‘Regd No 651542.’ & ‘1915’ date. The plinth measures 4”x4”x1 ¼” and the height of the whole piece with grenade mounted and lid closed is 4 ½”. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 16573
£225.00

WW2 Era Steel Cased, Nazi German Kriegsmarine U-Boat Radio Room R2 Radione 5 Valve Short Wave Radio Broadcast Receiver By Nikolaus Eltz Wien. N 518 - N 518
5 valve, steel cased German R2 Radione broadcast receivers were introduced in 1939. Steel cased versions were used on board Kriegsmarine U-Boats and were part of their listed radio room equipment to monitor public broadcasts for intelligence purposes and provide crew entertainment by piping music through the U-Boat on down time. Bakelite cased versions of the R2 Radione were manufactured for public use. A contemporary image of an R2 set in radio room use is illustrated in image 3. This is an excellent, original steel cased Kriegsmarine U-Boat R2 Radione set. The set has been examined internally and all component parts are present but we have not had it working. It is sold as seen without power lead and we cannot give any guarantee regarding functionality. The set has the correct original knobs, tuning dial and switches. The steel casing retains its original green paint and is undamaged and without dents. The top of the casing has its original leather carry handle. The rear of the casing has a central screw bolt which unscrews to allow the rear panel to be removed and allows access to the internal components. The underside of the case has an identification plate with model designation ‘R2’ maufacturer detail (illustrated), serial number ‘1449’ & voltage information ‘110-220/6’. The front of the casing has a metal Radione shield badge. The set measures 12” x 13 ½” x 6 ½”. The price includes UK delivery. N 518
£675.00

19th Century Bronzed Metal Bust Of Imperial German Kaiser Wilhelm I, Artist Signed Signed ‘C. Keil F.E.C E.M.S’ & Manufacturer Signed 'Guss. H. Gladenbeck U Sohn Friedrichshagen'. Sn 16708 - 16708
Wilhelm I. 22 March 1797 – 9 March 1888) of the House of Hohenzollern, was King of Prussia from 2 January 1861 and the first German Emperor from 18 January 1871 to his death, the first Head of State of a united Germany. Under the leadership of William and his Minister President Otto von Bismarck, Prussia achieved the unification of Germany and the establishment of the German Empire. Carl Keil (1838-1889) began his artistic training with the court sculptor Emil Hopfgarten in Biebrich, became a pupil of Friedrich Drake in Berlin in 1857, made a study trip to Antwerp in 1861, and then to Copenhagen and Paris. His first independent works were the weapon made for the Palace of Count von Waldersdorf in Wiesbaden with two lions in sandstone. Keil's other work is the bust of Emperor Wilhelm I. From 1869 on the façade of the Wilhelmsheilanstalt in Wiesbaden. This is an excellent, bronzed metal bust of Kaiser Wilhelm I by the artist Kiel, made in the 19th Century by 'Guss. H. Gladenbeck U Sohn Friedrichshagen'. The hollow cast bust features the Kaiser in military uniform mounted with honours & medals set on a plinth. The underside of the bust front has cast lettering ‘Kaiser Wilhelm I Deutscher Kaiser’ and the rear underside is signed by the artist C. Keil and further stamped by the manufacturer 'Guss. H. Gladenbeck U Sohn Friedrichshagen'. The bottom of the bust has a bar with hole for mounting. The bust measures 14” height x 10 ¾” width and weighs 3.520 Kg. The price for this impressive bust includes UK delivery. Sn 16708
£595.00
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page 1 of 10