Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

New stock

All stock listed here has been added to the site over the last 28 days

Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page 7 of 10

**RARE**1937 Dated & WW2 Era, Nazi S.S. German Officer's, Mauser 'DWM' Signature Black Widow Luger, PO 8 9mm Parabellum Semi Auto Pistol With 2 Black Toggle Butt Magazines *UK / EU DEACTIVATION CERTIFICATED* Sn 17788 - 17788
This is an original, Nazi German S.S. Officer's, Luger, 9mm parabellum 'Black Widow' pistol. Deactivated to UK/ EU specification in 2020 the pistols slide moves iunder spring tension and the trigger moves. These pistols were only made in limited numbers and they are much sought after by collectors. It has the standard German Infantry Officers' 4” barrel and is complete with its original correct black chequered grips favoured by Nazi Officers. It has clear Waffenamt and other inspection marks on the right side of its frame. The pistol is serial number ‘2771’ & has other un-matching numbers . The pistol is dated ‘1937’ and bears the Mauser-Werke AG, Oberndorf on the Neckar ‘DWM’ signature. The pistol has its original correct 2 magazines with correct black toggle butts. The price for this rare SS Officer’s pistol with 2 magazines includes UK / EU deactivation certificate and UK delivery. Sn 17788
£1,395.00

WW2 Production, Nazi German 1933 Pattern NSKK Dagger By RZM M7/ 36 (E&F Horster Solingen) With Scabbard. Sn 17775: 11 - 17775:11
This is an original Wartime Nazi production 1933 pattern NSKK dagger and scabbard in excellent condition. The blade is crisply stamped with the wartime Nazi production code ‘RZM M7 / 36 which denotes manufacturer by E&F Horster Solingen. Horster made approximately 4,000 early production daggers which are rated as rarity value 7 (10 being highest rarity value) in the book ‘The service daggers of the SA & The NSKK’ by Siegert. Horster continued to produce SA/ NSKK daggers after 1940 when only their RZM code is found on blades produced by the company. The lack of manufacturer’s own civilian trademark indicates that this is a Nazi wartime production dagger. The wood grip is original and undamaged. The Nazi German National Emblem and 'SA' roundel are perfectly fitted. It has a Nickel plated cross guard & pommel. The original nickel plating is excellent. The blade has the correct crisp "Alles Fur Deutschland" motto inscription. The dagger is complete with its original NSKK black anodised metal scabbard. The scabbard has a single hanging ring, nickel plated chape and throat mount. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 17775:11
£675.00

Victorian, Prostitute's Garter Belt Dagger With Polished Buffalo Horn Handle, German Silver Ferrule & Leather Sheath. Sn 17781 - 17781
This is a Ladies garter belt dagger made in the Victorian era. These small concealable daggers were favoured by prostitutes to defend themselves against attack. It measures 8 ¼” overall with a 4 ¾” flat diamond section stabbing blade which has staining consistent with age. It has an elegant polished Buffalo horn hilt with small German Silver ferrule and finger guard with ball finials. There are no manufacturer marks on the dagger. The dagger comes with its original open top leather sheath with German Silver throat mount which has 2 small fixed hanging rings and chape with ball end.. The dagger fits the sheath snugly. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 17781
£475.00

Victorian Era English Southern & Richardson Sheffield Folding Multi Bladed Sportsman’s ‘Nest Knife’. Sn 17786 - 17786
Mr Southern and Mr Wilson founded the company in 1828, with Mr Wilson as the works manager and Mr Southern as the travelling salesman. A centenary booklet by the company pointed out that ‘Travelling in those days was a long… [and] very tedious business, as it had to be done by horse and trap’ and that Mr Southern was away for very long periods of time, because he had to travel throughout the country and to the Mediterranean markets. In 1847 Mr Wilson retired and was replaced by Mr Samuel Richardson, which was when the company name changed to Southern & Richardson. In 1851 the company moved from Wheeldon Works, Solly Street to the Don Cutlery Works on Doncaster Street, where they stayed for over 70 years. During the First World War the company made cutlery for the Army and Navy, continuing when 65% of their employees joined up, a figure that was the highest for all firms in Sheffield. In total, 18 employees were killed during their service.In 1919 Southern & Richardson joined Sheffield Cutlery Manufacturers Ltd, a merger led by Needham, Veall & Tyzack. This venture was not a success and in order to rationalise production, Southern and Richardson moved to the Needham, Veall & Tyzack site on Thomas Street and Milton Street. This is a nice Multi Bladed Clasp Knife by Southern & Richardson in the form popular in the Victorian era. The knife has 10 tools and blades (2 single edged blades,1 saw blade, gimlet, corkscrew, file with screwdriver tip, triangular spike, hook, removable spike and tweezers). Some of the blades and tools are signed by the makers ‘Southern & Richardson Sheffield’ and have ‘Birds nest with eggs’ devices. One blade is marked ‘Nest Knife’ together with nest device . The knife has undamaged Stag horn scales. One scale is mounted with void German Silver oval disc. The frame of the knife has German Silver edges and reinforcing pin to one end and it has a German Silver shackle. The scales are slotted for accessories which securely hold the removable steel spike and tweezers. The blades & accessories have staining to be expected with age. With the largest large 3” blade unfolded the knife measures 8 ¼” overall length. All blades and tools fold neatly into its steel frame which is reinforced with brass inserts. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 17786
£395.00

Victorian / Edwardian Era English Crookes & Crookes Sheffield Folding Multi Tool Gamekeeper’s / Shooter’s Clasp Knife With 12 and 16 Bore Shotgun Cartridge Extractor’s & Spratt’s Patent Game Meal Advertising Livery. Sn 17785 - 17785
In 1859 the Sheffield cutlers John Brookes & Thomas Crookes appear in Melville & Co’s Commercial directory of Sheffield as manufacturers of knives and dressing case instruments. The Company had a warehouse, workshops, engine house & grinding wheel behind a house on St Philip’s Road on the outskirts of the cutlery making district of Sheffield. The workshop / factory was named the Atlantic works and was previously the address of knife maker Thomas Wigfall. The Company took advantage of the booming American market making Bowies for the British & American markets (see pages 161-163 of The Sheffield Knife Book by Tweedale). Established in London circa 1860 Spratt’s pioneered the concept of animal life stages with appropriate foods for each stage. This is a nice Multi Bladed Clasp Knife by Southern & Richardson in the form popular in the Victorian / Edwardian era advertising Spratt’s game meal. The knife has 7 tools and blades (1 single edged blade, corkscrew, screwdriver tip frame, hook, 12 & 16 bore shotgun cartridge extractor bolsters, removable spike or tweezers). The blade and hook are signed by the makers ‘Crookes & Crookes Sheffield’ and have their bell trademark. The 3” single edged blade is etched ‘Spratt’s Game Meal’ on both sides (one side mostly rubbed). The hook is marked with bell trade mark alongside ‘Patent’ & ‘Graduating Extractor’. The knife has undamaged Stag horn scales. Both scales are mounted with German Silver plates embossed ‘Spratt’s Patent’ together with ‘X’ mark One scale is mounted with void German Silver oval disc. One end of the frame has a screwdriver tip. The German Silver bolsters act as shotgun cartridge extractors. One bolster has the bell trademark alongside ‘Patent’ and ‘12’ (bore). The other has the bell trademark alongside ‘Patent’ and ‘16’ (bore) The block hinge of the corkscrew is German Silver. One scale is slotted for accessory which holds a steel spike or tweezers (the accessory is firmly lodged in the scale and we do not want to risk damage by forcibly removing it). The blades & accessories have staining to be expected with age. With the 3” blade unfolded the knife measures 8” overall length. All blades and tools fold neatly into its steel frame which is reinforced with brass inserts. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 17785
£475.00

QUALITY MAKER, C1810 English Henry Nock London 18 Bore Nipple & Drum Percussion Converted From Flintlock Pistol With Octagonal Barrel. A 1057 - A 1057
Henry Nock was a British inventor and engineer of the Napoleonic period, best known as a gunsmith. As well as supplying the military and civilian markets, Nock made expensive pieces for the aristocracy and Royalty. Nock's business eventually became Wilkinson Sword. This is a Nock London Percussion Overcoat Pistol, made C1810 and later nipple & drum converted to percussion. It is 11 ½” overall length with a 6” octagonal barrel which has a small German silver blade fore sight and ‘v’ notch plate rear sight. The top barrel flat is signed ‘London’ and the barrel has crisp proofs. The smooth bore is clean. The action tang & trigger guard with Pineapple finial have quality tooled decoration. The full stock is made from rich English Walnut with chequered panels for grip. The stock has an inlaid void silver shield escutcheon. It has its original ebonised wood ram rod with brass end cap rim and brass cap which screws off to reveal a steel worm. The action has a safety bolt and the plain steel action plate is signed by the maker ‘H. Nock’. The price includes UK delivery. NB. As an antique percussion pistol no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as a part of a collection or display. A 1057
£745.00

Cased C1850 Large Frame, English R.B Rodda & Co London & Calcutta Percussion 4 Barrel 32 Bore Pistol With Rotating Barrel Cluster & Accessories. Sn 17791 - 17791
R.B. Rodda claimed to have been established in 1830 although in reality it traces its roots much further back than that, to around 1805, originally trading as Brown and Cooper. This was the company that Richard Burrows Rodda joined in 1830, and although the history is a bit sketchy the company name probably became Brown, Cooper and Rodda at that time. In 1846 Brown left the company and it became Cooper and Rodda, and the following year in 1847 Cooper also departed leaving R.B. Rodda as the sole proprietor. Rodda renamed the company R.B. Rodda & Co. based at 36, Piccadilly, London. About three years after this R.B. Rodda & Co. opened another shop, this time in the Indian city of Calcutta at 5 1/2 Tank Square, a place that would be renamed Dalhousie Square in 1872, with the result that the address of the company would become 7 & 8 Dalhousie Square. Prior to that however, around the time of the Indian Mutiny in 1857 Richard Burrows Rodda left India and migrated to the United States with most of his extended family. Sadly Rodda passed away that year and so the company was taken over by William Henry Taylor, who was the brother of Rodda’s brother in law. R.B. Rodda & Company became primarily exporters/importers of guns and rifles based out of their Calcutta premises throughout the period up until Indian Independence in 1947, at which point the business was sold to Indian industrialists who diversified it away from the gun trade and into marine and other engineering work. During the period in which they were trading R.B. Rodda & Co. became well respected for the quality of the guns and rifles they sold, and their guns came to be used not only in India but throughout the European colonies such as the Dutch East Indies (Indonesia), Malaya (Malaysia), and French Indo China (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia), and Burma (Myanmar). The R.B. Rodda guns and rifles were made by the Birmingham gun trade, often by W&C Scott of Birmingham and London. This is a very good Victorian percussion large frame pistol with revolving 4 barrel cluster By R.B Rodda. Its smooth bore barrels are 4 ¾” in length and the pistol measures 10 ¾” overall length. Its steel frame is undamaged with nice even patina throughout. It has foliate engraved decoration to the metal work. The top barrel rib is signed ‘R.B Rodda & Co London & Calcutta’. The barrels are stamped with English black powder proof marks. The pistol's bag shaped walnut grip has fine chequering and is undamaged. The back of the wrist has a white metal escutcheon. The pistol has double hammers and triggers & cocks and dry fires perfectly as does the revolving barrel action. The pistol is contained in its original wood case with hinged lid. The top of the lid is inlaid with a void central brass shield. The case has a brass lock (key absent). The case is lined with green felt and has a nice R.B Rodda & Co London trade label. The case has compartments which contain accessories including an empty ‘Joyce & Co London’ labelled percussion cap tin, a small glass bottle in leather 2 piece case, a copper and brass black powder flask, a steel ball mould & a tool with ebony handle. The price for this desirable pistol includes UK delivery. NB as an antique percussion pistol no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 17791
£1,895.00

BOXED, MATCHING NUMBERS, Cold War Era 1969 Walther PP, 7.65 mm Semi Automatic Pistol. **UK/EU DEACTIVATION CERTIFICATED** D 1488 - D 1488
Walther's original factory was located in Zella-Mehlis,Thuringia, Germany which was occupied by the Soviet Union during WW2. Following the war, Walther established a new factory in Ulm. This is an excellent Cold War era German Walther PP semi-auto pistol in 7.65mm. It has its original finish and its black plastic Walther banner grips are undamaged. The left side of the pistol's slide is stamped with the Walther banner and 'Carl Walther Waffenfabrik Ulm/Do Modell PP Cal. 7.65 mm'. It is stamped with serial number '394176' on the right side of the frame and slide. It is also stamped with West German 'Eagle N' Nitro proof marks. The receiver is stamped with proof mark and dated '69' (1969). The pistol is complete with its original Walther magazine stamped with the Walther Banner & calibre detail. Deactivated to UK/EU specification in 2020 the pistol’s slide hammer & trigger move. The price includes UK delivery and UK/EU deactivation certificate. D 1488
£695.00

**INERT DEACTIVATED** Early WW2 1940 Dated Mills No.36M MK1, Hand Grenade By JP&S John Pilling and Sons Ltd Colne Lancashire. Sn 17799 - 17799
**INERT DEACTIVATED**This is an excellent, original, WW2, Mills No.36M MK 1, hand and rifle grenade. The 36M refers to the pattern of Grenade 36 M originally 'Mesopotamia' and the fact they were waterproofed. The body of the grenade has following casting mark ‘JP&S’ below the brass filler plug which is the manufacturer John Pilling and Sons Ltd of Colne Lancashire. The rear of the casing is marked ‘C’. The alloy base plug is marked 'No 36M MK 1’ and ‘40’ (1940 date) in a circular stamp, also ‘WDC’ and ‘Z’ (indicating Zinc components). The cast iron hollow casing retains its original lacquer finish and has green filling ring indicator (Amatol filling) around its centre. It also has a series of red crosses indicating tropical use near the top of the grenade. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 17799
£345.00

Victorian Era Japanese Tanto With Ornate Brass Covered Wood Hilt & Ornate Brass Covered Wood Scabbard. Sn 17775:12 - 17775:12
This Japanese Tanto was made sometime in the Victorian era and is most likely an export piece. The cutting edge of the steel blade is 8”. The balde has staining consistent with age. It has a brass habaki and finger guard. It measures 13” overall length. Its hilt and scabbard are wood covered with brass which has ornate decoration (illustrated in the images). One side of the hilt has a small copper badge / device. The brass has some minor dents and staining consistent with age. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 17775:12
£295.00

Victorian 1859 British Enfield Tower 1853 Pattern .577 Calibre 2 Band Percussion Rifle. A 1058 - A 1058
The Enfield Pattern 1853 rifle was a .577 calibre Minié-type muzzle-loading rifled musket, used by the British Empire from 1853 to 1867; after which many were replaced in service by the cartridge-loaded Snider–Enfield rifle. This 2 band example was made by Enfield Tower in 1859. The action plate is stamped With Queens Crown and by the manufacturer 'Tower' (Enfield). It is also dated '1859'. It has an excellent all original walnut stock which has just light bumps and bruises to be expected, steel butt plate, steel fore end block, steel ram rod, bayonet bar, trigger guard with extended tang and is fitted with original nipple protector and brass chain. The rifle has its original steel ramrod, block and blade fore sight and flip up graduated ladder rear sight. The 32” barrel is clean and has crisp rifling. The barrel has crisp proof / inspection marks. The cocking & firing action works perfectly. The price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique percussion rifle no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as a part of a collection or display. A 1058
£895.00

**VERY RARE** British Board Of Ordnance George III Enfield 1849 Paget Rifled Barrel .700 Calibre Rifled Bore Cavalry Carbine With Attractive Tiger Stripe Stock. A 1059 - A 1059
These carbines were designed by General Henry Paget (1768-1854). See page 141 of British Military firearms 1650-1850 By Blackmore. The flintlock version was adopted by the British Army in 1808 and was the carbine of the English Cavalry until C1830. Percussion Paget Carbines with rifled barrels remained in British Cavalry service during the Victorian era. This is an excellent example of the rare Paget percussion carbine. It has even patina to the metal work throughout. It has a heavy military percussion hammer and the action plate is crisply stamped Crown GR (George Rex) together with inspection mark and ‘Tower’ (Enfield). Its 15 ¾” barrel (31 ¾”overall) has a rifled bore which is clean with crisp rifling. The top of the barrel is stamped with proof/inspection marks. It has the correct under barrel captive swivel ramrod. Its sights consit of a blade fore sight and ‘v’ notch plate rear sight. The carbine also has brass fore end block, trigger guard with extended tang & butt plate. It has all original wood stock which is stamped with ‘BO arrow’ Board Of Ordnance mark. The stock has an attractive Tiger stripe hue. It cocks & dry fires as it should. The price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique percussion Carbine no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. A 1059
£2,750.00
Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page 7 of 10