Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

New stock

All stock listed here has been added to the site over the last 28 days

Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next Page 19 of 20

*Scarce* Austro-Hungarian ‘M1895’ Bayonet & Scabbard. BAYO 564. - BAYO 564
A scarce WW1 Austro-Hungarian M1895 Mannlicher carbine knife bayonet, with calibrated foresight on the muzzle ring. The M1895 Knife bayonet was made for use on the 8 mm. M1895 Mannlicher rifle, which was produced in great quantities prior to and during the First World War. The M1895 bayonet was the first knife bayonet to feature an inverted blade profile, where cutting edge faces upward when fixed. The Mannlicher M1895 (German: Infanterie Repetier-Gewehr M.95, Hungarian: Gyalogsági Ismétl!7; Puska M95; "Infantry Repeating-Rifle M95") is a straight pull bolt-action rifle, designed by Ferdinand Ritter von Mannlicher that used a refined version of his revolutionary straight-pull action bolt, much like the Mannlicher M1890 carbine. This examples blade measures 24 ¾ cm (36 cm overall) it has an Eagle and makers mark to the ricasso. The wooden grips are held with two pins and are in good condition with age related use marks. The scabbard is in very good condition with makers mark, inspection stamps and ‘23’ on the frog mount. An nice pairing for the collector/enthusiast. The price includes UK delivery. BAYO 564.
£275.00

Brass Cased Eight Day Naval Bulkhead Clock By Barkers of Kensington, London, Mounted on Dark Stained Oak Mount, in fully Working Order. Complete with Key. MISC 831. - MISC 831
Barkers of Kensington was a department store in Kensington High Street, Kensington, London. It was started by John Barker and James Whitehead, later Lord Mayor of London, in 1870. It was sold to House of Fraser in 1957. This example has a 6 ½ ” diameter silvered face which is clean. It has 1-12 hour markings with black metal hour and minute hands. It is marked on the face with "Barkers Kensington". The clock case is brass and comes with a key. The face also has an adjustable slow-fast slider in a slot for fine tuning the time keeping. The clock glass in brass frame twists off to reveal the fine tuning slot. There is also a hole for key winding. The clock case measures 7 ¼ ” in diameter, opening out to 9" at the mounting flange and is 2 ¼ " deep. The case has a mounting brass flange, and three factory drilled holes with which it is mounted to a dark stained oak mount which has two brass mounting lugs. Below the top lug the oak mount is stamped with a serial number "1395". This clock is fully functioning, keeping precise time. The price includes UK delivery. MISC 856.
£475.00

Belgian ‘F.N. Model 1949 Bayonet and Scabbard. BAYO 565. - BAYO 565
This is probably an export version as Belgian used bayonets carry a ‘SA30’ over crown & J.F.’ and this bayonet is totally unmarked. Other users were Egypt and South American countries, so this is probably for South America as Egyptian bayonets have Arabic script to the pommel. The blade is in near mint condition, as are the wooden grips. The scabbard is blued steel and the frog stud carries the number ‘39808’. See White & Watts item 103, pages 26 & 42 and also www.worldofbayonets.com site under the Belgium heading. The price includes UK delivery. BAYO 565. (Box 1)
£195.00

Victorian Cast Iron 'Door Stop' Depicting Lord Kitchener On Horse Back Mounted On A Metal Plinth. MISC 858. - MISC 858
This is a contemporary door stop of Lord Kitchener who won fame in 1898 for winning the Battle of Omdurman. thus securing control of the Sudan. For this he was given the title 'Lord Kitchener of Khartoum'. As Chief of Staff in the second Boer war, he played a key role in Lord Roberts Conquest of the Boer Republics. He then succeeded Roberts as Commander in Chief. After spells in India and Egypt he returned to Britain and in 1914 became Secretary of State for War. His face was well known on the famous @Your Country Needs You' posters. He died on 5th June 1916on H.M.S. Hampshire when the ship struck a German mine. This is a nice contemporary door stop of a National hero. It is in very good condition and undamaged. The price includes UK delivery. MISC 858.
£125.00

**RARE**MUSEUM QUALITY**Olive Green Gallipoli & Mespotamia Theatre Of War Painted, WW1 1918 British WD BSA M1914 .303 Calibre Lewis Automatic Machine Gun Stock Disc Regiment Marked ‘Y.W.T.S 166’ (Wiltshire Yeomanry) WD Drum Pan Mag, Bipod**UK 2015 DEACT** - 20067:63
The .303 calibre Lewis gun (or Lewis automatic machine gun) is a World War I period light machine gun that was widely used by the British Military. It was first used in combat in World War I, and continued in service with a number of armed forces through to the end of the Korean War. This is an extremely rare, excellent clean WW1 .303 Lewis Light Machine Gun. The weapon was manufactured by Birmingham Small Arms Co for Arms Automatiques Lewis Belgium and is crisply stamped accordingly (illustrated). It is also very faintly marked marked 'Lewis Auto Gun’ and indistinct ‘1914 pat'. It has numbers 54128,46585 and 30512E. The gun also has ’18 date (1918) & WD ordnance inspection marks (all illustrated). It is complete with original bipod with adjustable spiked legs, Swivelling wood carry handle, ladder rear sight, winged fore sight and original removable drum pan magazine. The underside of the magazine has WD marks & ‘.303 MK VI & VII’. The metal work of the gun and bipod have original Olive Green paint as used on weapons used in the Gallipoli & Mespotamia Theatres Of War. The wood stock and pistol grip are undamaged. The stock is inlaid with brass Disc Regiment marked ‘Y.W.T.S 166’ To The Duke Of Edinburgh’s Wiltshire Yeomanry Regiment Weapon Number 166 (at the outbreak of WW1, the Regiment was mobilised at once and left for France on 13 August, taking part in the Battle of Mons 10 days later. The Regiment also saw action at Ypres and other major WW1 engagements). The gun has a steel butt plate & the top of the shoulder stock has a brass screw top trap for oil, the lid of which has an integral cleaning / application brush. These iconic weapons are extremely rare and this is a fine original example worthy of a museum or serious collectors display. Deactivated to UK specification in 2015 the gun’s slide correctly locks back when cocking and it dry fires. The magazine correctly rotates during the cocking and firing process. The price includes deactivation certificate. The price includes UK delivery**We can arrange for this firearm to be brought up to the latest EU specification for UK customers (customers can purchase on our lay-away scheme. The weapon will then be brought up to EU specification and the relevant certificate obtained prior to the transfer of ownership and delivery). Sn 20067:63
£9,750.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. 1ST YEAR OF PRODUCTION. 1940 Dated Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 Aircraft Cannon High Explosive Incendiary (HEI) Round. - O 1808
INERT DEACTIVATED. The 20mm Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 aircraft cannon which first entered service in 1940 arming the Bristol Beaufighter and the Westland Whirlwind which carried 4 of the guns internally. The gun was also used in Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. The gun however with its original 60 round drum feed although very effective in combat was mechanically unreliable. The gun was later modified to a belt feed which was reliable and served in many aircraft throughout WW2 including the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest as standard equipment or an upgrade of the Browning .303 machine gun as an effective hard hitting gun. The round was later used in the De Havilland Vampire and Gloster Meteor fighter aircraft World War 2 and after. This is a Hispano HS 404 high explosive incendiary round manufactured in 1940 and is fitted with a brass direct action fuse. Air Service rounds for aircraft at this time used the full date code, eg 1940 as opposed to other services using the last two numbers, eg. 40. The brass cartridge case is headstamped BMARCo (British Manufacture and Research Company) 1940 (1940 date) 20mmZ1 (20mm round mark 1 with a nitrocellulose propellant powder). The steel projectile retains much of its original red and yellow paint, including the fuse, which signifies a high explosive incendiary filling. The price includes U.K. delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1808
£125.00

C1800 English Form Single Barrel 16 Bore Muzzle Loading Single Barrel Flintlock Sporting / Hunting Shotgun. Sn 20234 - 20234
This is a single barrel flintlock shotgun in English form made C1800. It has a 28” round steel barrel & measures 43 ¼” overall. The barrel’s smooth bore has just light staining consistent with age and use. The barrel has a small post fore sight and black powder proofs. It has all original walnut stock which has knocks bumps and bruises to be expected with age and use. It has a brass butt plate with extended tang, brass trigger guard with extended tang & acanthus bud finial & steel hammer fitted with flint. The steel lock plate has foliate engraved decoration. The shotgun is complete with original ebonised wood ramrod with brass end cap. It’s cocking and firing actions work crisply. There are no external maker or date marks on this gun. The price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique muzzle loading flintlock shotgun no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of collection or display. Sn 20234
£495.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. 1938 Dated, Swiss Made Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 Aircraft Cannon DRILL Ball Round. - O 1809
INERT DEACTIVATED. The HS.404 is a cannon was originally designed and produced by Spanish/French company Hispano-Suiza in the mid-1930s. The guns also referred to as Birkigt type 404, after its designer Marc Birkigt and later versions based on British development are known as 20 mm Hispano. In 1938, an aircraft based version of the HS.404 was produced at the request of the French government which was installed on a wide range of pre-war French fighter aircraft, notably in installations firing through the propeller shaft of the Hispano-Suiza 12Y engine. The HS.404 was fed by drum magazines which held 60 rounds of ammunition. Later on in 1940, the HS404 cannon was adopted by the Royal Air Force and entered service arming the Bristol Beaufighter and the Westland Whirlwind which carried 4 of the guns internally. The gun was also used in Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. The gun however with its original 60 round drum feed although very effective in combat was mechanically unreliable. The gun was later modified to a belt feed which was reliable and served in many aircraft throughout WW2 including the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest as standard equipment or an upgrade of the Browning .303 machine gun as an effective hard hitting gun. The round was later used in the De Havilland Vampire and Gloster Meteor fighter aircraft World War 2 and after. This is a very early 20mm HS 404 drill ball round made in 1938 and is headstamped PF (Patronenfabrik Solothurn A/G, Solothurn, Switzerland) N 4 38 (April 1938 manufacture date). The round is fitted with a blunt ball projectile with a steel driving band. The price for this early Swiss production drill round includes U.K. delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1809
£175.00

**MATCHING NUMBERS, BLADE NUMBERED ON SIDE**Original, WW2 Japanese NCO's Type 95 Katana With Suya Sword Shop Tokyo (Harp), Kokura Arsenal Marks & Scabbard. Sn 20202 - 20202
This is an original WW2 Japanese NCO's Katana and scabbard in excellent condition. The sword has the typical aluminium cast handle with lanyard ring hole and fully functioning scabbard retaining clip. The handle retains much of its original brown paint. Its fullered, 27 ½” blade is stamped on one side '41838' and with inspection mark. The un-damaged blade has light areas of staining consistent with age. The hilt is stamped with 1929-45 Kokura Arsenal mark and Suya Sword Shop Tokyo (harp) mark (see page 185 of Swords Of Imperial Japan by Dawson). It is complete with its original scabbard which has a single hanging ring. The scabbard has no dents. The throat of the scabbard is stamped with matching number. This piece is clearly a bring back, surrendered or recovered from the battlefield. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 20202
£975.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. 1942 Dated, Hispano-Suiza (20x110) HS 404 Aircraft Cannon DRILL High Explosive Incendiary (HEI) Round. - O 1810
INERT DEACTIVATED. The HS.404 is a cannon was originally designed and produced by Spanish/French company Hispano-Suiza in the mid-1930s. The guns also referred to as Birkigt type 404, after its designer Marc Birkigt and later versions based on British development are known as 20 mm Hispano. In 1938, an aircraft based version of the HS.404 was produced at the request of the French government which was installed on a wide range of pre-war French fighter aircraft, notably in installations firing through the propeller shaft of the Hispano-Suiza 12Y engine. The HS.404 was fed by drum magazines which held 60 rounds of ammunition. Later on in 1940, the HS404 cannon was adopted by the Royal Air Force and entered service arming the Bristol Beaufighter and the Westland Whirlwind which carried 4 of the guns internally. The gun was also used in Spitfires in the Battle of Britain. The gun however with its original 60 round drum feed although very effective in combat was mechanically unreliable. The gun was later modified to a belt feed which was reliable and served in many aircraft throughout WW2 including the Supermarine Spitfire, Hawker Hurricane, Westland Whirlwind, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Typhoon and Tempest as standard equipment or an upgrade of the Browning .303 machine gun as an effective hard hitting gun. The round was later used in the De Havilland Vampire and Gloster Meteor fighter aircraft World War 2 and after. This 20mm HS 404 high explosive incendiary (HEI) drill round is made from a drill ball round made by Raleigh Cycles Limited of Birmingham that was original a ball round but it has been painted to represent a HEI round by its colours for loading drills. The cartridge case was made by the Raleigh Cycle Company and has an empty primer pocket and three ¼ inch holes round its circumference. The round also has a wooden spacer visible through the holes drilled in the cartridge case which has a steel bar inserted in it for weight which can be seen through the primer hole. The round is headstamped R.H (Raleigh Cycle Company, Limited, Nottingham, England) 1942 (1942 Air Service date) 20MM. The projectile is a steel ball round with a copper driving band and is retained by 4 long stab crimps at the case mouth. The projectile is painted in red and buff to signify a HEI round. The round is fitted with a blunt ball projectile with a steel driving band. The price U.K. delivery and no licence is required to possess inert rounds in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1810
£125.00

WW1 British Henry Wilkinson Pall Mall London 1821 Heavy Cavalry Officer’s Sword Blade Number 53214 (1914-17) With Etched Blade To ‘B.L. CLARKE-LENS 14TH HUSSARS’ (Wounded WW1), Cord, Knot & With Field Service Leather Covered Scabbard. Sn 20241 - 20241
As of December 1914 Bernard Clarke-Lens was listed as a 2nd Lieutenant with the Prince of Wales' North Staffordshire Regiment. Clarke-Lens went onto become attached to the 10th and 14th Hussars. Clarke-Lens is listed on the 1914-18 Roll of Honour at Eastbourne College and is described as having been wounded. This is an original British 1821 Pattern Heavy Cavalry Officer’s sword to ‘B.L. CLARKE-LENS 14TH HUSSARS’ (see page 95 of World Swords by Withers). The blade is etched with scrolling foliage, crowned GVR cypher, crowned Royal arms, and banner ‘B.L. CLARKE-LENS 14TH HUSSARS’. It has full pierced knuckle bowl with foliate decoration, steel mounts with a knurled steel section back strap grip, knurled rounded pommel cap and fish skin covered wood handle with wire binding. The hilt is fitted with original leather cord and acorn knot. It has a 34 ¼”, flat backed steel blade with broad fullers. The blade has ordnance acceptance star with inlaid roundel and the back of the blade is numbered which dates it to 1914-1917. The blade has the makers name Henry Wilkinson Pall Mall London and Royal Appointment. The blade is sharpened and has areas of staining consistent with age and storage. It has its original leather covered field service scabbard with hanger strap and German Silver throat mount. The scabbards chape is worn. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 20241
£575.00

British Officer’s 1821 Pattern Light Cavalry / Mounted Artillery Officer’s Sword With Etched Blade By Lewis Sons & Parker London To Scottish Dundee Volunteer Artillery & Scabbard. Sn 20244 - 20244
The Scottish City of Dundee artillery battery was a territorial unit of the Royal Field Artillery part of the 2nd Highland Brigade. Their HQ was at Dudhope drill hall Brown Street Dundee. This is an original 1821 pattern Volunteer Artillery Officer’s sword to the Dundee Volunteer Artillery & Scabbard (see page 94 Of Swords Of The British Army by Robson & page 99 of World Swords by Withers). It has a 32 ¼” blade with fullers and measures 38” overall. The blade has original leather hilt washer. It has the correct fish skin grip with wire binding which is intact and tight and correct 3 bar guard hilt. The blade is etched on both sides with foliate panels together with ‘Dundee Volunteer Artillery’, ignited grenade device , cannon & martial arms. The ricasso is marked on one side by the maker ‘Lewis Sons & Parker St James’s St London’ and the reverse with ordnance star and inlaid roundel. The blade has staining consistent with age. The steel scabbard with 2 hanging rings, fixed belt bar and German silver throat piece has no dents and just staining / patina consistent with age. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 20244
£575.00
Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next Page 19 of 20