Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

New stock

All stock listed here has been added to the site over the last 28 days

Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next Page 10 of 14

INERT DEACTIVATED. British WW2, 1943 dated, Mills No 36 MK 1, Instruction Hand Grenade By The JP&S Josiah Parkes & Sons. Sn - 21615
INERT DEACTIVATED. This is an original British WW2 Mills No 36 MK I, instructional hand grenade manufactured by Josiah Parkes & Sons. The body of the grenade is made of cast iron and has cast into the front JP&S (Josiah Parkes & Sons, Union Works, Willenhall). The grenade retains much of its original brown varnished finish and the green band round the middle signifying Amatol explosive. The grenade has a part slice section taken from it to show the internal workings. The drill alloy detonator holder carries a dummy detonator which carries the ICI headstamp. The holder has cast into it the letter Z signifying a zinc alloy and the letter M impressed in a circle. The grenade has an alloy filler plug fitted which is impressed APDP (Alloy Pressure Die Products Ltd) and a Z in a circle signifying zinc alloy construction. The alloy base plug has cast into it No 36 M I SL in a monogram (S. Joseph Stokes Rubber Company) 43 in a circle (1943 date). See pages 111-119 in ‘GRENADE’ British & Commonwealth Hand & Rifle Grenades by Rick Landers. The price includes UK delivery and no licence is required to possess this inert grenade in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 21615
£375.00

19th Century French Officers M1873 Lebel Lobster Holster with Strap. 17602. - 17602
A late 19th century French Ordnance Patented Revolver Holster designed for use with both the 1873 and 1892 Lebel Revolver (The service revolver model 1873 Chamelot-Delvigne was the first double-action revolver used by the French Army. It was produced by Manufacture d'armes de Saint-Étienne from 1873 to 1887 in about 337,000 copies. Although replaced by the Modele 1892 revolver, it was nevertheless widely used during the First World War and issued to reserve units in 1940. The French Resistance made widespread use of it during the German occupation). Black/brown hard shell construction of top quality leather with internal compartment for cartridges. It has its full body strap with brass buckle. This was the holster that both the Russians and the Japanese copied for the Nagant and Nambu T-14 pistols. This example is in good overall condition with signs of age related wear *see images. The inside of the clam/flap is stamped 200 and other markings. The metal work and stitching are all in very good condition. The price includes UK delivery. 17602.
£395.00

*Bespoke Case* Early-Post 1975 Webley Osprey .22 Caliber Side Lever Air Rifle with Original Instruction Manual/Tools. 21533. - 21533
Webley Osprey Air Rifles were introduced in 1975 and manufactured by Webley & Scott at Frankley Industrial Park, Birmingham until 1984. (see page 246 of Hiller's book The Collector's Guide To Air Rifles). The most notable innovation on the Osprey is a sidelever for cocking the rifle. Mounted on the right hand side of the gun, the lever is slim and does not detract from the lines. The end has a push in catch which engages upon a stud fixed to the cylinder, and during the cocking procedure a ratchet mechanism is engaged which ensures complete safety should the lever be accidentally released during the cocking sequence. This is a very good example in .22 calibre. It is 110 cm overall with a 47 cm barrel. It has a shrouded blade fore sight, adjustable rear sight and is side lever loading. With its noticeably thicker barrel giving it a ‘bull barrel’ appearance. It has good metalwork throughout with all original finish and only minor signs of age. The wood work is very good also with minor signs of use *see images*. The stock has a Webley signature rubber recoil pad. The cylinder housing is stamped with .22 Calibre details and serial number '02730'. The top of the cylinder is grooved for telescopic sight. Between the grooves is deeply stamped & highlighted 'Webley Osprey'. The bespoke wooden box is complete with its original polystyrene insert, original alan keys and instruction/care manual. The rifle cocks, loads fires with a strong spring action firing at 10.9 ft/lb. The price for this excellent bespoke boxed rifle includes UK delivery. NB As a post 1939 Air Weapon the restrictions of the Crime Reduction Act apply to the sale & delivery of this item. Sn 21533.
£395.00

French Civilian WWII TC 38 Gas Mask In Original Canister. 21608:5. - 21608:5
Gas Mask TC-38-PT DUCEL size Small with canister 1939 -45. The TC-38 was a French WW2 era gas mask. It was issued to civilians along with the C38 in the late 30's and early 40's. The TC-38 is made from heavy canvas and it features a forward facing exhale valve, crimped on celluloid eye lenses, An elasticated 7-point head harness and supports a 42mm filter port. The mask features no inhale valve, instead, the inhale valve was installed into the filter. These masks came produced in a variety of different coloured rubbers - mostly tan or black, in rare occasions even red. The TC-38 was issued in a standard French civil defense kit together with a civil threaded filter and a carrying tin. These masks were also occasionally issued in cylindrical Papier Mache carriers instead of the usual tin ones. With ‘Ducel’ in numerous locations on the metal of the filter and also to the rear of the mask. In good overall condition with elastic still strong, stitching in place and lenses undamaged. The tin retains the majority of its original paint and webbing carry strap. The price includes UK delivery. 21608:5. (Stores top shelf)
£195.00

Original WWI US M1910 Entrenching Tool ‘T-Handle’ Shovel. 21608:6. - 21608:6
Sometimes known as ‘e tool’ T handle shovel, M1928 e tool, M1910 entrenching tool etc. Originally called the M1910 model when it was introduced in WWI, the cover was then modified in 1928 and the modified cover was called the M1928 cover in WWII. This T-handle model is the type of shovel carried by U.S. Doughboys and Marines during WWI, also carried in the early years of WWII until the development of the M1943 shovel. The M1910 T-handle shovel was probably the most commonly carried entrenching tool by U.S. Airborne and infantry assault troops during the D-Day invasion of Normandy on June 6, 1944. The T-handle shovel also was regularly used by U.S. Marines in the Pacific Theatre. This example is in very good condition. The metalwork has a good aged patina and the wood is solid. The price includes UK delivery. 21608:6.
£175.00

*Recent Capture-Ukraine War* Soviet Wagner Brigade Flag. 21587. - 21587
The Wagner Group, officially known as PMC Wagner is a Russian state-funded private military company (PMC) controlled until 2023 by Yevgeny Prigozhin, a former close ally of Russia's president Vladimir Putin. The Wagner Group has used infrastructure of the Russian Armed Forces. The group emerged during the Donbas War in Ukraine, where it helped pro-Russian forces from 2014 to 2015. Wagner played a significant role in the subsequent full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine, for which it recruited Russian prison inmates for frontline combat. On 23 August 2023, Prigozhin and Wagner commanders Dmitry Utkin and Valery Chekalov died in a plane crash in Russia, leaving Wagner's leadership structure unclear. This Brigade flag (Regimental flags are generally awarded to a regiment by a head of state during a ceremony. They were therefore treated with respect as they represented the honour and traditions of the regiment) has been recently captured during the on-going Russian invasion of the Ukraine. Measuring; 94 x 62 ½ cm. Constructed from a heavy cotton with a silk/cotton Wagner emblem sewn to the centre on both sides with the slogan in Russian- translated ; "Blood, Honor, Justice, Homeland, Courage". With the original Halyard the flag is in excellent un-damaged condition. The price includes UK delivery. 21587. (Box 4)
£375.00

*Rare/Genuine WWII Naval Ensign of Poland Based on the Flag of Poland with Coat of Arms. 21585. - 21585
The war ensign is a white over red bicolour, swallow tailed with two tails, on the white stripe is a red shield with a white eagle with a yellow crown. "Naval ensign" and "war ensign" mean the same thing, i.e. the national flag or a variant thereof for use by a nation's navy. It has been used by the Polish Navy since 1919. Following World War I, the Second Polish Republic on 28 November 1918, by the order of Józef Piłsudski, commander of the Armed Forces of Poland, founded the modern Polish Navy. The small naval force was placed under the command of Captain Bogumił Nowotny as its first chief. The first ships, which included several torpedo boats, were acquired from the former Imperial German Navy. In the 1920s and 1930s the Polish Navy underwent a modernisation program under the leadership of Vice-Admiral Jerzy "6;wirski (Chief of Naval Staff) and Rear-Admiral Józef Unrug (CO of the Fleet). This original piece measures; 95 x 42 ½ cm. It has ‘M.W’ and ‘LONDON 1943’ below another stamp which is illegible. The flag is made from cotton and has the Poland war ensign sewn to either side (silk/cotton). The original halyard is in place. This piece with its markings warrants further investigation. The price includes UK delivery. 21585. (Box 4)
£345.00

Original WWII Italian Army Fascist Flag. 21586. - 21586
In Italy, the Italian Fascist movement in 1919 wore black military-like uniforms and was nicknamed Black shirts. In power, uniforms during the Fascist era extended to both the party and the military which typically bore fasces which became heavily identified with the fascist political movements of Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler or an eagle clutching a fasces on their caps or on the left arm section of the uniform. The original symbol of fascism. This is an ancient Imperial Roman symbol of power carried by lictors in front of magistrates; a bundle of sticks featuring an axe, indicating the power over life and death. Before the Italian Fascists adopted the fasces, the symbol had been used by Italian political organizations of various political ideologies, called Fasci (leagues) as a symbol of strength through unity. Measuring 95 x 55 cm. The flag is made from cotton and has the Black Eagle clutching a fasces sewn to either side (silk/cotton) imprinted with; CREDERE! YOBBEDIRE! COMBATTERE! ("To believe, to obey, to fight". This was a real fascist slogan used by Mussolini) & RSI SALO 1943. The original halyard is in place. This piece with its markings warrants further investigation. The price includes UK delivery. 21586. (Box 4).
£375.00

**QUALITY MAKER**Cased C1850 Victorian English Blanch & Son London 6 Shot .400 Calibre Double Action Percussion Bar Hammer Pepperbox Bar Hammer Revolver With Accessories. Sn 21581 - 21581
John Blanch was born in 1784 and at the age of 16 was apprenticed to the London gunmaker Jackson Mortimer. On the 2 December 1809, John was married to his master’s daughter, Ann Eleanor Mortimer in Spitalfields Christ Church, Stepney. 1809 also saw Blanch establish his own business from 39 Fish Street Hill. This came after a short lived partnership with his father in law, under the name of Mortimer & Blanch. The early years saw John Blanch working mainly for John Manton but he soon became well established and respected as a gunmaker in his own right. Blanch’s respected standing as a businessman and gunmaker is evidenced by his rapid advancement through the ranks of the Farriers Company, culminating in 1834 with the prestigious appointment of ‘Master’. With his wife, John Blanch had three sons. Their first son, John, was born in 1812 and was apprenticed to his father. In 1836 John moved from London to run the business which his father had acquired from gunmaker Robert Williamson at 26 Silver Street, Hull. However, later the same year John, along with his wife Sara emigrated to Australia and the business in Hull was sold. Sadly John died in 1839, killed in an explosion in his business premises in Melbourne. Second son, Henry Mortimer Blanch was born in 1817. Henry too was apprenticed to his father but, like John, Henry did not stay in the family business and, in 1843, also emigrated to Australia. William Harnett Blanch, son of the late John and Sara, who had been returned from Australia soon after the accident was in 1851 apprenticed to his uncle, William. W. H. Blanch later went on to run his own business at 4 Derby Square, Liverpool. By the time that William Blanch died in 1899, his son, Herbert John Blanch had taken over the running of the business. H. J. Blanch authored ‘A Century of Guns’ which was first published in 1909. The Company is still in existence today. This is a very good pepperbox bar hammer revolver by Blanch & Son London made circa 1850 in its later fitted case with accessories. The revolver measures 9 ½” overall and the barrel cluster is 3 ¼” length. The action, bar hammer, steel frame and trigger guard are engraved with a foliate design. The action tang is signed by the maker ‘Blanch & Son London’. The barrel cluster has English black powder proofs. The revolver has undamaged wood grip with chequered panels and inlaid white metal escutcheon. The barrel’s smooth bores have just light staining consistent with age. It's firing action works crisply. The pistol comes with its later fitted wood case. The case with hinged lid has a lock with key which works as it should. The inside of the case is fitted and lined with felt to hold the pistol and its accessories which consist of a small a quantity of moulded lead balls and a white metal oil tin with screw top lid which has an integral oil applicator tool. The price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique percussion pistol no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 21581
£795.00

Original German WWII M1931 Pattern Zeltbahn. MISC 915. - MISC 915
Second World War period German Army issue multi-purpose cape. The M1931 pattern Zeltbahn was the first mass-produced item used by the German military to be made of camouflage print material. The zeltbahn was a multi-purpose item of personal equipment and could be used as a groundsheet for cleaning weapons in the field; as a shelter when three more could be buttoned together to form a four-man tent; and as a form of camouflaged over-garment when buttoned together in one of its many configurations. The wearer could use it on foot, horseback or cycle. When not in use the soldier would roll the zeltbahn and secure it to his equipment by two leather straps, worn on the back. Made of windproof and waterproof material, the zeltbahn was often used as the base material by unit tailors and individuals to make other non-regulation garments such as field caps, shorts, shirts and jackets. This practice was particularly popular in Italy, Russia and Western Europe in the later stages of the Second World War. A cape/shelter square-shaped cape 143 x 152 cm made of high density water-repellent cotton material printed both sides with splinter pattern camouflage ('splittermuster') of brown and dark green angular patterns on light khaki/green field. Light green 'rain pattern' verticals are overprinted onto the whole design. One side is of a lighter shade to the other. To the centre is fitted an aperture, so that the wearer might use it as poncho. Fitted to edges are 30 *6 absent* metal dished buttons, with 21 button holes and 10 larger metal grommets, two to each corner and two to the edge. The price includes UK delivery. MISC 915. (Box 4 with Flags)
£175.00

Japanese WWII Army Officer's Nambu Type 14 Semi-Automatic Pistol Holster. L 245. - L 245
The Nambu pistols are a series of semi-automatic pistols produced by the Japanese company Koishikawa Arsenal, later known as the Tokyo Artillery Arsenal. The series has three variants, the Type A, the Type B (also known as the Baby Nambu), and the Type 14. The Nambu pistols were designed to replace Japan's earlier service pistol, the Type 26 revolver. The pistols were designed by Kijiro Nambu and saw extensive service in the Empire of Japan during the Second Sino-Japanese War and Pacific War. The Type 14, was used mostly by officers, who had to pay for their pistols themselves. Holster measurements: Depth 90 mm, Height 255 mm, Width 188 mm. The hard shell pistol holder is in very nice condition. The thick leather has a nice patina with no damage. The flap strap has its press stud in place. The rear has two strap hangers and a belt loop, all of the stitching is in place and intact. The internal ammo pouch is supple and intact. A nice example. The price includes UK delivery. L 245.
£295.00

Large Frame WW1 Era Liege ‘Montenegrin Gasser’ 5 shot, 11.3×36mmR Rim Fire Obsolete Calibre Double Action Military Revolver With Ornate Decoration, Polished Bone Grips & Original Removable Cylinder Insert (To Allow Chambering Of Thin Rim Cartridges). - 21580
The title 'Montenegrin Gasser' covers a variety of six-chamber large calibre revolvers. In 1910 King Nicholas I of Montenegro proclaimed that all male citizens were the Militia and had a right and a duty to own a Gasser Pattern revolver. The standard issue in the Montenegrin military was the Austrian Gasser Model 1870 in 11mm which became known as the Montenegrin Gasser. The sudden demand was met by producers in Austria, Belgium and Spain. Single and double-action locks were used, grips were often in ivory or bone, engraved decoration was common, and the predominant impression was one of weight and bulk. Gasser revolvers were used by the Austro-Hungarian Army during World War 1 and by various Armies including Italy & Yugoslavia in World War 2. The pistols were produced by the firm Leopold Gasser Waffenfabrik in Vienna from 1898 to 1912. This is a very good typically large frame Montenegrin Gasser revolver in 11.3×36mmR Rim Fire Obsolete Calibre. The metal work has foliate engraved and punch dot decoration and Liege proof marks (illustrated in image 2). The 5 ¼” barrel has a thick triangular block fore sight. The barrel’s rifled bore has just staining & residue consistent with age and use. The pistol measures 10 ½” overall length. It has a military lanyard ring & polished bone grips. One griphas some old stable nibbles to the edges. The pistol’s breaks open as it should and the firing mechanism works crisply in both single and double action. Interestingly the cylinder is fitted with an original removable steel insert to allow chambering of thin rim cartridges. The price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique obsolete calibre weapon no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 21580
£875.00
Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next Page 10 of 14