Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Miscellaneous

Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next Page 3 of 11

*Unique*Victorian British 2nd East Lancashire Regiment Nickel Plated Bugle Inscribed With Regiment Badge & ‘ Presented For Use Of The Commanding Officers Bugler 59th Regiment by CAPT & ADCT Battye, April 1st 1888 & Carried Throughout The Great War'. - 20075
The East Lancashire Regiment was formed in 1881 as part of the Cardwell reforms of the British Army. The Regiment was formed initially with two battalions, the 1st Battalion being created from the former 30th Regiment of Foot, and the 2nd from the former 59th. The first Regimental Depot was in Burnley, but moved to Fulwood Barracks, Preston in 1898. Elements of the East Lancs Regiment saw service during the Boer wars. The Regiment served on the Western front throughout WW1, it was awarded 61 battle honours and 4 Victoria Crosses, losing 7,000 men during the course of the war. This unique item was acquired from the Regimental Museum and has never been listed before. The nickel plated bugle is inscribed to the lower part of the bell ‘Presented For Use Of The Commanding Officers Bugler 59th Regiment by CAPT & ADCT Battye, April 1st 1888 – And Carried Throughout The Great War By The C.O’s Bugler 5th Nov 1914 To 18th Nov 1918’ below a crown laurel wreath 59. There are ornate scroll plates on the large curve and rim of the bell. The nickel plating has areas of rubbing & a few small dents to be expected with the instruments history The bugle measures 27 cm long and 20 cm wide. The price for this instrument carried and used in war, worthy of further research includes UK delivery. Sn 20075. (Shelf adj Office)
£695.00

WWII Era Nazi German 8 Round Magazine with Correct Alloy Butt for the Luger P08 9mm Parabellum Semi Automatic Pistol. MISC 114. - MISC 114
The Pistole Parabellum or Parabellum Pistole (Pistol Parabellum), commonly known as just Luger or Luger P08 is a toggle-locked recoil-operated semi-automatic pistol. The Luger was produced in several models and by several nations from 1898 to 1948. This is an original 8 Round Magazine for the Luger PO 8 9mm Parabellum Semi Automatic Pistols. The magazine has its original finish & has no dents. The magazine is correctly slotted for inspection and has a strong spring action. It loads as it should. It has the correct WW2 era alloy butt toggle stamped ‘e+Waffenamt 678’. The price includes UK delivery. MISC 114.
£225.00

Early 1800’s Large Sykes Patent Ornately Embossed Copper Black Powder Flask With Graduated, Sprung Brass Nozzle & 2 Hanging Rings. Sn 15175 - Sn 15175
This is an original Syke's Patent, long gun size, black powder flask. It is pear shaped with a beautifully heavily embossed body with 2 copper suspension rings. The innovative Syke's Patent brass top has measurement adjustment and spring lever which is fully functioning with a strong action, for different loads. The top is crisply stamped 'Sykes Patent'. The flask is 9” length and 3 ½” diameter at its widest. There are no signs of damage or repair. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 15175.
£275.00

Victorian 19th Century Copper and Brass 'Foliage' Powder Flask by Dixon & Sons. Sn 10917. - Sn 10917
An original 19th Century, British plain powder flask in copper with a brass adjustable charger, made by Dixon & Sons. The flask has plain panels on the front and back along with chamfered edges. The seams are in very good condition. It has just a couple of small dents from normal use as can be seen in the photographs. All of the neck screws are present. The external neck spring is intact and operates smoothly as it should. The adjustable three setting charger is stamped with "Dixon & Sons". The flask measures 6 ¾ " in length. This type of plain flask is illustrated on page 276, item 194 of "The Powder Flask Book" by Ray Riling. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 10917.
£245.00

Victorian 19th Century Copper and Brass 'Pheasant' Powder Flask by Dixon & Sons. Sn 10915 - Sn 10915
A Victorian 19th Century copper and brass 'Pheasant' powder flask by Dixon & Sons. An original 19th Century, British adjustable, embossed powder flask in copper, with a brass charger made by Dixon & Sons. The flask is one of the 'Pheasants' flasks and features a male pheasant in a floriated panel on the front along with a bird in flight in the top right. It has a plain rear. The flask works perfectly. The seams are in good condition and the flask has a couple of small dents as can be seen in the photographs. All of the neck screws are present. The neck spring is intact and operates smoothly. The charger is stamped with "Dixon & Sons" and it has three settings. The flask measures 7 1/2" in length. This actual flask is illustrated as image 739 on page 334 of "The Powder Flask Book" by Ray Riling. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 10915.
£175.00

1932 Solid Silver & Enamel Polish Airborne Cigarette Case. MISC 113. - MISC 113
A fully hallmarked silver 1932 Cigarette case with turquoise enamel rear and machine turned pattern to the front and Hallmarks inside also engraved 'M.L.B. 18/11/32'. Measuring 8 x 5 ½ x 1 cm. To the front are two Polish badges, possibly Airborne, one being an eagle diving through thistles and the other appears to be 1st Division. Inside is an original card of a Miss Brownlie, Glasgow with various handwritten addresses, including WFS Camp, Burnside, Rutherford, Roxburgh. There is slight damage to the enamel on the rear. A lovely piece worthy of further investigation regarding the piece, and the address card. The price includes UK delivery. MISC 113.
£295.00

WW1 1917 Dated Sterling Silver Bell Shaped British Officer’s Presentation Ink Well With Hinged Lid Engraved KBW. DKD From E-T By A & J Zimmerman Birmingham. MISC 846. - MISC 846
This is an excellent original WW1 dated English Sterling Silver Bell Shaped Presentation Ink Well most likely a British Officer’s desk piece. The ink well with hinged lid measures 3 ½” height with lid closed. The base of the bell is 3 ½” diameter. The ink well has do dents or damage and the front is crisply engraved ‘ KBW. DKD June 22nd 1917 From E-T’. The inside of the lid has Sterling Silver hallmarks (illustrated) and small faint number ‘338948’. The rim of the base has Sterling Silver hallmarks of A & J Zimmerman Birmingham (the Business was established in Birmingham in 1879 by Arthur S. Zimmerman and John Ulrich Zimmerman. The firm was converted into a limited liability company in 1902 as A. & J. Zimmerman Ltd). The inside of the ink well has remnants of dried black ink. The base of the ink well has a thin paper cover to prevent wear to desk tops. The bell weighs 215 Grams. Price for this excellent well marked WW1 dated piece includes UK delivery. MISC 846. (Shelf facing office)
£275.00

A 1975 Silver Regimental Scottish Drinking Cup To Scottish Volunteer Engineer Regiment. Sn:11355. - Sn:11355
A 1975 Silver Regimental Scottish Drinking Cup to the Scottish Volunteer Engineer Regiment and specifically to Captain A. Reid-Peters RE. The drinking cup is in excellent condition, free of dents or damage. It is hallmarked silver, the hallmark is to Edinburgh 1973-74 and it weighs 150grams. The Royal Engineer’s Army Reserve Regiment is based across Scotland and Northern Ireland. The Regimental Headquarters (RHQ) is based in Leuchars, Fife, with our 3 Squadrons based in Bangor, Paisley and Cumbernauld. The cup is engraved on one side with "Presented By The Officers of 71 (Scottish) Engineer Regiment (Volunteers) Captain A. Reid-Peters RE (V)On Leaving The Regiment July 1975" and on the other with the Regimental Crest. On the base it has the hallmarks. The cup measures 4" across and stands 1 ½ " high. It has two drinking handles. The price includes Uk delivery. Sn:11355. (Compass Drawer)
£245.00

*Original 1914-1918* Large Framed Hand Embroidered ‘Royal Flying Corps’ (RFC) Silk Wings & Motto. 20014:1. - 20014:1
The Royal Flying Corps (RFC) was the air arm of the British Army before and during the First World War until it merged with the Royal Naval Air Service on 1 April 1918 to form the Royal Air Force. During the early part of the war, the RFC supported the British Army by artillery co-operation and photographic reconnaissance. This work gradually led RFC pilots into aerial battles with German pilots and later in the war included the strafing of enemy infantry and emplacements, the bombing of German military airfields and later the strategic bombing of German industrial and transport facilities. For many returned airmen, learning a new skill whilst convalescing provided a lifeline. Embroidery was a perfect craft for many as it offered a quiet, portable and intimate activity which did not require standing or much movement and could be undertaken in a group. Imagine how difficult it must have been for many of these men, not only were they coming to terms with their experiences and injuries, they also found themselves incapacitated or heavily reliant on others for basic needs. Embroidery or ‘fancy work’ was usually women’s work, and despite the societal chaos created by the conflict, this was yet another thing that had to be overcome. This fine original example measures; 87 x 52 ½ cm and is encased in a glazed medium Oak frame with a gold coloured border. The Royal Flying Corps wings are in two tone silk below crown. The RFC motto is beneath; ‘Per Ardua Ad Astra’ (through adversity to the stars). A beautiful piece of history for the collector or ex-serviceman *the camera flash is shown on the glass in picture 1*. The price includes UK delivery. 20014:1.
£395.00

*As Found* WW1 1915 Dated German Army Entrenching Spade Tool / Trench Fighting Weapon With 1916 Leather Carrier / Frog. 20028. - 20028
During World War I entrenching tools became extremely important with the introduction of trench warfare. Entrenching tools designed for the individual infantryman soon appeared with short straight handles, T-handles, D-handles, and other designs. As well as digging defensive fighting positions, entrenching tools were used for digging latrines and graves. During World War I, the entrenching spade was also pressed into service as a melee weapon. In the close confines of a trench, rifles and fixed bayonets were often too long for effective use, and entrenching tools were often used as auxiliary arms for close-quarter fighting. From 1915, soldiers on both sides routinely sharpened the edges of entrenching shovels for use as weapons. A copy of a contemporary image of one of these trench tools being used by a German soldier in the field is illustrated in image 1. This is an original WW1 dated Imperial German Army Entrenching Spade Tool / Trench Fighting Weapon in excellent condition. The spade measures 51 cm overall length. The wood shaft with rounded end is undamaged with just light bumps and bruises to be expected with age. The wood is impressed with ‘1915’ date. The steel spade has a long tang secured to the shaft by steel ring and rivets. The spade head has crisp marks under its black paint including ‘1915’ date & indistinct roundel which can be seen in image ‘bleckmann mürzzuschlag’ (The Schoeller Stahlwerke were founded in 1862 in Ternitz by Alexander Ritter von Schoeller (1805-1886), who had previously founded the Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik with Alfred Krupp (1812-1887) . They took over the Ternitz ironworks in Reichenbach , which was founded in 1855/56 from the Theresienhütte am Ternitz by the steel goods manufacturer Franz Müller Sr. from Gumpendorf . ( Martin Müller und Sohn company ), who founded it in 1847 after the opening of the Vienna-Gloggnitz railway in 1842).The original leather carrier / frog with retaining strap, buckle and belt loops are in excellent condition, stitching intact . The leather is date stamped ‘1916’ and has manufacturer detail. The price for this historic piece, a reminder of the horrific nature of WW1 Trench warfare includes UK delivery. 20028.
£375.00
Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next Page 3 of 11