Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Miscellaneous

Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next Page 6 of 11

1932 Solid Silver & Enamel Polish Airborne Cigarette Case. Misc 113 - Misc 113
A fully hallmarked silver 1932 Cigarette case with turquoise enamel rear and machine turned pattern to the front. Hallmarks inside and engraved 'M.L.B. 18/11/32' also. To the front are two Polish badges, possibly Airborne, one being an eagle diving through thistles. The other appears to be 1st Division. Inside is an original card of a Miss Brownlie, Glasgow with various handwritten addresses, including WFS Camp, Burnside, Rutherford, Roxburgh. Some damage to rear enamel. A lovely piece. Price includes UK delivery. Misc 113
£375.00

WW1 Period Regimental Quarter Masters Sergeant Townsend 1st Battalion The Welch Regiment Enamel Wash Bowl And Leather Carrier Top With Labels. Sn 12235 - 12235
This is a WW1 period Enamel Wash Bowl and carrying leather top which belonged to R.Q.M.S. Townsend of the 1st Battalion The Welsh Regiment. When WW1 broke out on 4 August 1914 the Welsh Regiment consisted of 1st and 2nd battalions, respectively, in India and at home. Regimental Headquarters with 3rd (Special Reserve) and 7th (Cyclist) battalions at Cardiff, 4th Battalion at Llanelli, 5th Battalion at Pontypridd, both part of South Wales Brigade, and the 6th Battalion at Swansea. In August 1914 they were in Chakrata, India, as part of Dehra Dun Brigade in Meerut Division. They returned to England, landing at Plymouth on 22nd December 1914. They then moved to Hursley Park. Then came under orders of and remained with 84th Brigade in 28th Division. They landed at Le Havre 18 January 1915. They embarked at Marseilles for Egypt and eventually Salonika, on the 24 November 1915. This carrier top is complete with labels, one showing it was being shipped from Karachi in India to Southampton. The leather carrier top is 15" across with a rolled stitched edge. It has a leather handle in the centre. There is a white label which says "R.Q.M.S. 1st battalion The Welch Regiment Per H.T. Neuralia Karachi To Southampton". The other label says "Cabin". The carrier top is in excellent condition and retains a very nice patina. It has thirteen leather tongues through which a thin leather strap is threaded and secured with a brass buckle. The enamel basin is 15" in diameter and is 4" deep. It is in good condition. The price includes Uk delivery. Sn 12235
£195.00

Cased British Officer’s Field Equipment Personal Grooming ‘Cut Throat’ Razor Set By George Butler & Co Sheffield Presented to Brigadier General F S Montague Bates CB, CMG, DSO In 1912 by ‘C’ Company Royal Canadian Regt When He Held The Rank Of Captain. - 12234
Brigadier General F S Montague Bates was born on 8th February 1876. After serving in the ranks of Lumsden’s Corps for 166 days he was commissioned in The East Surrey Regiment on 4th August 1900 and joined the 2nd Battalion. For some time he commanded a Section of a Mounted Infantry Company formed from men of 2 Surreys and 1 Durham Light Infantry. For his services in the South African War he received the Queen's Medal and four clasps. From July 1902 to June 1906 he was seconded to the South African Constabulary and from April 1910 to April 1912 he served with Canadian Forces. In May 1914 he was appointed adjutant of the 6th Battalion and in November he joined 2nd Bn The Queen's Royal Regiment in France with a draft of 207 and assumed command of the Battalion. Later he rejoined 1st Bn The East Surrey Regiment and on 22nd August 1915 was appointed to command vice Lt Col CCC G Ashton who was invalided to UK. He continued to command the Battalion until 17th January 1916 when he was posted to command 12th Bn The Cheshire Regiment. From September to November 1916 he commanded a Brigade with the Egyptian Expeditionary Force and a Brigade with the British Salonika Force from November 1916 to April 1919. On 8th October 1920 he was made Brevet Lt Col and relinquished the temporary rank of Brigadier-General. In November 1920 he returned to UK from Turkey and joined the 2nd Battalion. In June 1921 he was OC Troops, Dublin Castle. In August 1922 he rejoined the 1st Battalion from Ireland and commanded the Battalion from 21st December 1923 to 21st December 1927. On 10th March 1928 he was appointed to command 141st (5th London)) Infantry Brigade (TA). He retired from the Army on 10th March 1932. In the 1939-45 War he served with the Home Guard. For his services in the 1914-18 War and in the inter war years He was made a CB and a CMG and awarded the DSO. He was Mentioned in Despatches six times and awarded the French Legion of Honour 4th Class, the French War Cross with Palm and the Order of the Redeemer 3rd Class (Greece). A contemporary image of the Officer is illustrated inset in image 2). He died on 21st June 1954 (For obituary see the Journal of The East Surrey Regiment Vol VI No 3 November 1954 page 105). This is Montague Bates cased field equipment personal grooming razor set presented to him in April 1912 by ‘C’ Company Royal Canadian Regiment when he held the rank of Captain. The leather bound wood case with hinged lid and brass clasp fasteners contains compartments which hold its original ‘buffing’ stone, strop with wood handle and original leather cover with manufacturer’s original labelling. The case also has its 2 ‘cut throat’ razors with 4 inch folding blades. One marked ‘Kropp Made In England Ground In Hamburg’. The other ‘Encore Thos Turner & Co Sheffield For A & NCSL’ (all illustrated inset in image 2). The razors have bone or antique Ivory scales. The inside of the case has its original paper label ‘George Butler & Co Trinity Works Sheffield’ (illustrated inset in image 2). The lid of the case is impressed with presentation detail ‘C Coy RCR To Capt Montague Bates April 1912’. Price for this personal piece of field equipment presented to a distinguished British Officer which no doubt would have stayed with him throughout his career includes UK delivery. Sn 12234
£275.00

1950 / 1960’s Johnnie Walker Whisky "Born 1820-Still Going Strong" Hand Painted Wooden Striding Gentleman Bar Top Advertising Figurine. Sn 12041 - 12041
Johnnie Walker is a brand of Scotch whisky owned by Diageo that originated in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland. It is the most widely distributed brand of blended Scotch whisky in the world, sold in almost every country, with annual sales of over 130 million bottles. Originally known as Walker's Kilmarnock Whisky, the Johnnie Walker brand is a legacy left by John "Johnnie" Walker after he started to sell whisky in his grocer's shop in Ayrshire, Scotland. In 1908, there was a re-branding of sorts. The whisky was renamed from Walker's Kilmarnock Whiskies to Johnnie Walker Whisky. In addition, the slogan, "Born 1820—Still Going Strong!" was created, along with the Striding Gentleman logo, a figure used in their advertisements to this day, created by illustrator Tom Browne, in honour of the founder, and given the same name. This is an original wooden Johnnie Walker bar top ‘ Striding Gentleman’ advertising figurine in the form popular in bars and public houses during the 1950’s & 1960’s. The wooden hand painted figurine retains its original vivid colours. The solid wood figure is mounted on a wooden plinth and stands 16” tall (including plinth). The figure has its original wire monocle and wood cane (the lower part of the cane’s shaft is absent). The wood of the figurine has some stable surface cracks consistent with age and advertising display. The front of the plinth bears black lettering ‘Johnnie Walker Born 1820 Still Going Strong’ and the underside of the plinth is ink stamped ‘Made In England’. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 12041
£125.00

Post 1947 Irish Mist Liqueur Promotional Hand Painted Ceramic Decanter In The Form Of An ‘Irish Soldier In The Brigade- Austrian Army Circa 1750’ By the Irish Mist Liquer Co Ltd Tullamore Republic Of Ireland (Eire). Sn 12042 - 12042
Irish Mist was the first liqueur to be produced in Ireland when commercial production began in 1947 at Tullamore, County Offaly. Tullamore is the hometown of the Williams family who were the original owners of Irish Mist. The company history goes back to 1829 when the Tullamore Distillery was founded to produce Irish whiskey. To promote their Liqueur, Irish Mist was often produced in decorative ceramic decanters celebrating the quality of the Liqueur and Irish heritage. The decanters were made by the Irish Mist Liquer Co Ltd Tullamore Republic Of Ireland (Eire) and their licensed companies both in Ireland and abroad. This is an original hand painted ceramic Irish Mist decanter in the form of an Irish Brigade of the Austrian Army soldier C1750 most likely made by the Irish Mist Liquer Co Ltd Tullamore Republic Of Ireland. The decanter stands at 19” tall and retains all of its vivid colours. The decanter is absent its original cork stopper. The base has lettering ‘Irish Mist Ireland’s Legendary Liqueur’ (illustrated inset in image 2). The rear of the base has a small paper label with faint printing ‘Irish Soldier In The Brigade- Austrian Army Circa 1750’ (illustrated inset in image 3). The decanter has no cracks or damage. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 12042
£95.00

Boxed, Post 1947 Irish Mist Liqueur Promotional Hand Painted Ceramic Decanter In The Form Of An ‘Irish Soldier In The Brigade- Austrian Army Circa 1750’ By the Irish Mist Liquer Co Ltd Tullamore Republic Of Ireland (Eire). Sn 11713:1 - 11713:1
Irish Mist was the first liqueur to be produced in Ireland when commercial production began in 1947 at Tullamore, County Offaly. Tullamore is the hometown of the Williams family who were the original owners of Irish Mist. The company history goes back to 1829 when the Tullamore Distillery was founded to produce Irish whiskey. To promote their Liqueur, Irish Mist was often produced in decorative ceramic decanters celebrating the quality of the Liqueur and Irish heritage. This is an original boxed hand painted ceramic Irish Mist decanter in the form of an Irish Brigade of the Austrian Army soldier C1750 made by the Irish Mist Liquer Co Ltd Tullamore Republic Of Ireland. The decanter stands at 19” tall and retains all of its vivid colours. The decanter retains its original cork stopper and the base has lettering ‘Irish Mist Ireland’s Legendary Liqueur’ together with a small paper label ’65 Proof 24 FL OZS’ (illustrated inset in image 1). The rear of the base has a small paper label ‘Irish Soldier In The Brigade- Austrian Army Circa 1750’ (illustrated inset in image 3). The decanter has no cracks or damage apart from a tiny chip to the plume on the figurines headgear which is only visible on close inspection. Its original box has colourful decoration and is intact with just light storage wear. The box has printed detail regarding the Liqueur’s heritage and Irish Mist recipes together with the Company’s Tullamore address. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 11713:1
£150.00

MINT, Blank Firing, Pietta Western Army 1860 9mm Calibre Brass Framed Revolver With Case Hardened Side Plates (Colt M1860 Army). MISC 834 - MISC 834
The Colt Western Army Model 1860 was a a muzzle-loading cap & ball .44-calibre revolver used during the American Civil War. Made by Colt's Manufacturing Company. It was used as a side arm by Cavalry, Infantry, Artillery troops, and Naval forces. The Colt design lives on today in the form of quality replicas and blank firing pistols true to the original Colt pistols, from Italian manufacturers Uberti, Pietta, and Euroarms. This quality Pietta manufactured example of the Colt Model 1860 Army revolver retailed by Pietta as the 'Western Army 1860' is in near mint condition. The pistol has an 8” blued steel barrel and measures 14 ½” overall. The right side of the barrel is crisply stamped 'Western Army 1860 Cal 9mm Knall'. The left side 'Pietta Made In Italy'. It has a brass frame, case hardened side plates and a blued cylinder. It has excellent wood grips. The Pistol strips cocks and fires 9mm blank cartridges. It has a blocked and slotted barrel & offset cylinder. Price includes UK delivery. MISC 834
£345.00

MINT, Blank Firing, Pietta Western Navy 1851 9mm Calibre Brass Framed Revolver With Tooled Decoration & 7 ½” Barrel (Colt M1851 Navy). MISC 833 - MISC 833
The Colt M1851 Navy cap & ball revolver was a six-shot, single-action percussion weapon produced by Colt's Manufacturing Company. It saw widespread use in the American Civil War and on the American Western frontier. The Colt design lives on today in the form of quality replicas and blank firing pistols true to the original Colt pistols, from Italian manufacturers Uberti, Pietta, and Euroarms. This quality Pietta manufactured example of the Model 1851 Colt Navy revolver retailed by Pietta as the 'Western Navy 1851' is in near mint condition. The pistol has a 7 ½” octagonal blued steel barrel and measures 13 ½” overall. The right side of the barrel is crisply stamped 'Western Navy 1851 Cal 9mm Knal'. The left side 'Pietta Made In Italy'. It has a brass frame beautifully tooled & blued with foliate decoration and a blued cylinder. The pistol’s barrel block has matching tooled decoration. It has undamaged wood grips. The Pistol strips cocks and fires 9mm blank cartridges. It has a blocked and slotted barrel & offset cylinder. Price includes UK delivery. MISC 833
£345.00

WW1 Large Kings Crown Hand Painted Military Band Bass Drum To The East Lancashire 'Old Pals' 1st Volunteer Battalion by Hawkes & Sons London. Misc 831 - Misc 831
The East Lancashire Regiment was formed in 1881 as part of the Cardwell reforms of the British Army. The Regiment was formed initially with two battalions, the 1st Battalion being created from the former 30th Regiment of Foot, and the 2nd from the former 59th. The first Regimental Depot was in Burnley, but moved to Fulwood Barracks, Preston in 1898. The Regiment recruited primarily from the new industrial towns of East Lancashire, including Burnley, Blackburn, Nelson, Colne and Accrington. During WW1 the Regiment expanded to a strength of 17 battalions which between them served on the Western Front, at Gallipoli, and in Macedonia, Egypt, and Mesopotamia (modern day Iraq). In all, they earned a total of 120 Battle Honours. The Regiment suffered a total of 7,000 casualties. Four members of the Regiment were awarded the Victoria Cross. This is a large original hand painted King's Crown wood Military band bass drum. Manufactured by Hawkes & Sons. Denman Street, Piccadilly Circus, London and the drum retains the original white label inside giving instructions on how to maintain the drum. It measures 32” diameter and is 14 1/4" wide. The wood rims and body are undamaged. The skins are missing from the drum. The drum is fitted with a large brass ring and brass collet. The drum is varnished through 1/3 of the diameter. To the front it has Heraldic Arms of Great Britain with King’s Crown and above this in a banner it has "East Lancashire Regiment 1st Vol Batt", below it has Battle Honours, a Crest below a King's Crown with "Egypt" and "South Africa 1900-02". All of the colours are excellent and rich with an even aged patina. The price for this impressive Military Band piece includes UK delivery. Misc 831
£495.00

Victorian 12 Bore Combination Cartridge Magazine and Game Carrier With Shoulder Strap. Sn 11999 - 11999
A Victorian 12 Bore leather combination, cartridge magazine and game carrier with a shoulder strap. The carrier is made from brown leather with an opening top and bottom. The tops are secured over a brass twist lock. The leather shoulder strap threads through loops on the sides and top and bottom which when pulled tight also secure them. The carrier is divided top and bottom inside with a brass divider which holds 12 x 12 Bore cartridges at the top and the same in the bottom. The leather strap retains the keepers. Also stitched to the bottom shoulder strap buckle is a 19 strap game carrier. Only three of the straps are missing the metal loop ring at the end. The leather carrier has a stitched belt loop on the reverse which is stamped with "611 12". The leather on the carrier is in good complete condition and has a nice patina. All stitching is present and secure. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 11999
£175.00
Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next Page 6 of 11