Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Antique Guns and Equipment

 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next Page 1 of 25

SOLD SOLD (25/9) RARE, WW1 Era, 1883 Dated French Military, Tulle Arsenal Fusil Gras M80 Model 1874 (74/80) 11x59mm Calibre Carbine With 1876 Dated Chatellrault Arsenal Bayonet & Scabbard. Sn 14583 - 14583
In 1874 France adopted a single shot rifle, this single shot rifle was based on the French 1866 Chassepot Needle Rifle. These weapons designated Gras M80 Model 1874 (Fusil Gras M80 Modèle 1874) and the rare carbine variant were the main long arm issue for the French Military and were used for front line service until 1886, when a new rifle, the 1886 Lebel was designed. The Gras continued to be issued to French troops throughout WW1. This is a rare Gras 74/80 Carbine complete with correct bayonet and scabbard. The wood is all original with no damage and just the bumps and bruises to be expected with age. It has heavy brass military furniture and the metal work has even patina throughout. It has a block foresight, ladder rear sight and is fitted with sling swivels & original clearing rod. It measures 38 ½” overall with a 20" barrel. The rifled bore has staining consistent with age and use. The breech is marked by the Tulle Arsenal manufacturer, 'M80 & M1874' model detail and dated ‘1883’ together with Tulle inspection marks (all illustrated). It has the correct turn down bolt and its loading and firing actions work perfectly. The weapon is complete with correct bayonet which has a clean 20 ½” 'T' back blade. The back of the blade is manufacturer & date marked in French 'Mme d'armes de Chat (Manufactre d'Armes de Chatellrault) 8 O”re 1876' (8th October 1876). The bayonet has its original wood grips, brass pommel and steel cross guard with hook quillon. The bayonet is complete with original steel scabbard which has no dents. Price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique obsolete calibre rifle no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 14583
£0.00

MINT, BEST QUALITY, HAND MADE, MINIATURE, Cased, English John (Fred) Maycock Stockport Cheshire Percussion Pocket Pistol With Brass Frame, Silver Grip, Fluted Screw Off Barrel & Accessories. Sn 14575 - 14575
This is an excellent pocket pistol by John (Fred) Maycock who made quality flint and percussion arms. As well as full size arms he also produced hand made, best quality pieces in his small Stockport workshop. This hand made cased miniature pocket pistol is a superb example of his craftsmanship. The pistol’s brass action and silver grip are hand tooled with foliate designs and banners and arms. The action is signed on one side ‘J.Maycock’ and the other side ‘Stockport’. It has a blued dolphin hammer and blued 1” screw off fluted barrel which has a 5mm muzzle diameter. The barrel’s smooth bore is clean. The diminutive pistol is 3 ½” overall length with barrel attached. Its cocking & firing actions work perfectly. The pistol is contained in its original fitted wood case with hinged lid and press button catch. The inside of the lid has its John Maycock trade label. The case is lined with rich red felt and has compartments which contain accessories including a single lead ball with ivorine cup which holds the ball securely in the case, a small ivorine powder flask with removable screw off butt and ivorine cap and steel ball mould with brass ferrules and ivorine handles. The price for this rare opportunity to own a cased miniature Maycock pistol with accessories includes UK delivery. NB As an antique black powder percussion pistol no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 14575
£1,795.00

BEST QUALITY, C1860 Victorian English John Wiggan London Double Damascus Barrelled 10 Bore Percussion ‘Howdah’ Pistol. Sn 14574 - 14574
John Wiggan also recorded as John Wiggin was a London based gunsmith with premises at Osborne Court in 1814 and other premises including Little Prescott Street, Church Lane, Chamber Street, Chamber Court & Catherine Street, St Georges through to 1841. The Howdah pistol was a large-calibre handgun, often with two or four barrels, used in India and Africa from the beginning of the nineteenth century and into the early twentieth century, during the period of British Colonial rule. It was typically intended for defence against Tigers, Lions, and other dangerous animals that might be encountered in remote areas. The term "howdah pistol" comes from the howdah, a large platform mounted on the back of an Elephant. Hunters, especially during the period of the British Raj in India, used Howdahs as a platform for hunting wild animals and needed large-calibre side-arms for protection from animal attacks at close quarters. The earliest Howdah pistols were flintlock designs, and it was not until about 60 years later percussion models in single or double barrel configuration were seen. Even though Howdah pistols were designed for emergency defence from dangerous animals in Africa and India, British Officers adopted them for personal protection in other far-flung outposts of the British Empire. This is a best quality, original, percussion double barrel Howdah pistol by John Wiggan. Its side by side finely figured Damascus barrels are 5 ½” in length and are 19.55mm muzzle diameter which is approx. 10 Bore. It measures 12 ¾” overall length. The smooth bores are clean. It has a broad top rib and small brass bead fore sight. It is complete with its original wood ram rod with brass end cap which sits inside the weapons’ lovely walnut full wood stock which has chequered panels at the grip and flat butt. It has double triggers and heavy Dolphin hammers. Both sides of the action have silver roundels inserted. Its side plates and action tang are crisply engraved with foliate design and signed ‘John Wiggan’. The pistol cocks and dry fires perfectly. Price for this impressive large calibre percussion pistol includes UK delivery. NB as an antique percussion pistol no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 14574
£2,850.00

VERY RARE, Transitional C1860’s Victorian English Beatley of Basingstoke Improved Patent .400 Calibre Swivel Breech Loading, Percussion, Internal Firing Pin, Black Powder Rifle. Sn 14573 - 14573
The Hampshire Museums and Archives Service in Winchester has a collection of billheads for the English Gunmaking Beatley family, For example, a bill dated 13 September 1834, was printed with the description: London Street, Basingstoke J. H. Beatley, Gun-Maker Bell Hanger, Brass Worker, etc. and Sole Manufacturer of Brownjohn’s Patent Cap Charger. Percussion and other Fowling Pieces, with London proved Barrels, finished throughout on the most esteemed Principles. Percussion Caps, adapted for the above Chargers of superior Quality. Fishing Apparatus of all Kinds, of the best Manufacture. Articles of Brass Work cleaned and lacquered. Agent for the Portable Oil Gas – fittings neatly and expeditiously executed. Thirty years later, in 1864, Charles Beatley delivered a bill that advertised: London St, Basingstoke Charles Beatley Gun Maker & Fishing Tackle Manufacturer, Tin Man, Whitesmith, Working Cutler & Repairer of Steel Trusses, Archery of Every Description, etc. Percussion & other Fowling Pieces, with London proved Barrels, finished throughout on the most esteemed Principles. Percussion Caps, adapted for the above Chargers of superior Quality. Gun Powder, Shot, etc. Fishing Apparatus of all kinds, of the best Manufacture. Articles of Brass Work cleaned & lacquered. Gas fittings neatly & expeditiously executed. Fitter up of invisible fences in parks, pleasure grounds, gardens etc. and wire working of every description, in brass or iron. Copper and tin ware, in every variety. This is a very rare, transitional improved patent rifle by Beatley of Basingstoke. Little is known about this innovative breech loading internal firing pin black powder rifle. The rifle has a 29 ¾” octagonal barrel and is 47” overall length. It has a clean bore with crisp rifling. It has a block with post fore sight and block with ‘v’ notch plate rear sight. The top of the barrel is engraved ‘Beatley Basingstoke’. The underside of the barrel has black powder proofs. Its original Walnut stock with chequered panel wrist has a steel butt plate with foliate engraved extended tang. The action and trigger guard have quality foliate engraved decoration and the top of the swivelling breech block is engraved ‘improved patent rifle’. The breech is opened for loading by depression of a flat button on a lever on the underside of the action, this allows the breech to be swivelled open by sideways operation of the lever. A percussion cap is then placed on a nipple on one side of the breech chamber and powder bullet / ball and wadding loaded into the other side. The chamber is then closed using the lever. The weapon is cocked by pulling back its cocking lever which has the appearance of a traditional hammer. This lever cocks the internal hammer and is ready for firing. Its loading and firing actions work perfectly. The previous owner of this piece has compiled several internet sourced A4 size paper printouts covering topics such as ‘Gunmakers Of Basingstoke’, ‘London Gazette’ and ‘Census Returns ‘. The information, which accompanies this piece, although providing some information about the Beatley family and their connections to other Basingstoke Gunmakers does not shed any light on the Patent or origins of this rifle. The price for this very rare transitional rifle worthy of further research includes UK delivery. NB as an antique black powder rifle no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 14573
£1,895.00

C1850 Victorian, English, Webster Melton Mombray (Leicestershire), 16 Bore, Double Barrel Muzzle Loading Percussion Shotgun With Ram Rod. Sn 14406 / A 582 - 14406 / A 582
This is a Victorian double barrel shotgun. It has Walnut furniture with finely chequered wrist. The shotgun with double 28” steel barrels, has double hammers & triggers. It measures 44 ½” overall. The barrels muzzle diameters atre 16.77mm (approx. 16 Bore. The bores have light staining consistent with age. The action tang and trigger guard with extended tang & acanthus bud finial have foliate engraved decoration. Both side plates are engraved with game birds in the field scenes and signed by the maker or retailer ‘Webster’. The central barrel rib is engraved ‘Webster Melton Mombray’. It is complete with brass capped wood ram rod. The cocking & firing actions of the weapon work perfectly as they should. Price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique muzzle loading percussion shotgun no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 14406 / A 582
£475.00

SOLD SOLD (18/9 ) RARE, C1860 Victorian Gentleman’s Self Defence & Poachers' 14 Bore Muzzle Loading Percussion Walking Stick Shotgun With Detachable Walnut Shoulder Stock. Sn 14498 - 14498
Victorian Gentlemen often carried concealed firearms to protect themselves. Also Victorian Poachers faced heavy penalties if caught in the act of taking game illegally and went to great lengths to conceal their activity. This is an original percussion walking stick shotgun made in the Victorian era, C1860 & no doubt used either by a Victorian Gentleman for self defence or by Poachers. The weapon is muzzle loading. The 'walking stick' has a brown 'wood effect' painted steel clean smooth bore 23 ½” screw off barrel which is 17.34mm muzzle diameter (approx. 14 bore). The underside of the steel section of the ‘handle’ has a steel trigger lever, percussion cap nipple and hammer which cocks for firing. The barrel has a removable copper washer at the breech end. One side of the action is mounted with a copper shield which has heraldic arms with banner and indistinct motto or name (illustrated in image 2). The muzzle of the barrel has its original removable steel end cap which plugs the muzzle and allows it to be used as & gives it the appearance of, a harmless walking stick. It has a curved Walnut handle holed with screw thread at the rear for the shoulder stock. The original removable Walnut shoulder stock with steel but plate and screw thread lug fits snugly onto the handle of the walking stick. The 'walking stick' with end cap inserted, including handle, measures 30 ¼” overall length. With shoulder stock attached it is 41 ¼” overall length. The cocking and firing actions work as they should. The price for this rare antique shotgun walking stick includes UK delivery. NB As an antique percussion weapon, no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 14498
£0.00

C1870 Continental Military 9mm Pinfire Calibre 6 Shot Revolver With Engraved Decoration. Sn 14499:16 - 14499:16
This is a very good C1870 obsolete calibre 9mm pinfire Military, side gate loading revolver complete with integral ejector rod in the French of Liege Belgium form. It is both single and double action & is in its original condition, fully functioning with a 6” round steel barrel and chequered panel wood grips. The metal work has intricate engraved foliate decoration. The butt is fitted with military lanyard ring lug. There are no exterior manufacturer or proof marks. The weapon's side gate loading and firing actions work perfectly. NB As an obsolete calibre revolver no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as a part of a collection or display. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 14499:16.
£475.00

SOLD...SOLD...SOLD..13/09.MATCHING NUMBERS, Original American Wild West Era, Sharps 1859 Patent .30 Rim Fire Calibre 4 Barrelled Brass Framed Pocket Derringer. Sn 11385 - 11385
Four barrelled derringer pistols pistols were made by the C. Sharps Company beginning with their 1859 Patent. Production of the Sharps, 4 shot pistols ended in 1874. This is an original Sharps 1859 Patent 4 barrelled pocket derringer in .30 RF calibre. It is a fully functioning example in excellent condition. The pistol’s barrel cluster has 4 x 3" blued steel rifled barrels and measures 5 ¾” overall. The frame is brass. It has a brass bead fore sight and grooved frame rear sight. The left side of the frame is stamped 'C. Sharps Patent 1859'. The right side ‘C. Sharps & Co Philada. PA’ (all illustrated). The underside of the barrel cluster is numbered '14401'. The butt of the grip frame is stamped with matching number. It has a revolving firing pin and loading is achieved by depression of a steel button at the underside of the frame, the barrel cluster can then be moved forward for loading of rounds. It has a shrouded trigger & chequered grips which are undamaged. The bores of the barrels have staining consistent with age and its loading cocking and firing actions work as they should. The price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique obsolete calibre weapon no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 11385
£895.00

BEST QUALITY, C1860 English Victorian Westley Richards London English Double Damascus Barrelled 14 Bore Percussion ‘Howdah’ Pistol With Belt Hanger & Captive Ram Rod. Sn 14523 - 14523
The renowned English Gunsmiths Westley Richards & Co have been making unique and best quality shotguns and rifles for over 200 years. The Howdah pistol was a large-calibre handgun, often with two or four barrels, used in India and Africa from the beginning of the nineteenth century and into the early twentieth century, during the period of British Colonial rule. It was typically intended for defence against Tigers, Lions, and other dangerous animals that might be encountered in remote areas. The term "howdah pistol" comes from the howdah, a large platform mounted on the back of an Elephant. Hunters, especially during the period of the British Raj in India, used Howdahs as a platform for hunting wild animals and needed large-calibre side-arms for protection from animal attacks at close quarters. The earliest Howdah pistols were flintlock designs, and it was not until about 60 years later percussion models in single or double barrel configuration were seen. Even though Howdah pistols were designed for emergency defence from dangerous animals in Africa and India, British Officers adopted them for personal protection in other far-flung outposts of the British Empire. This is a best quality, original, percussion double barrel Howdah pistol by Westley Richards. Its side by side finely figured Damascus barrels are 6” in length and are 18.80mm muzzle diameter which is approx. 14 Bore. It measures 11 ¾” overall length. The smooth bores are clean. It has a broad top rib and small brass bead fore sight. The action plates have foliate engraved decoration and are signed by the maker Westley Richards. The left action plate is fitted with steel belt bar. It has safety bolts on each action. Both barrels at the breech have silver roundel inserts. The barrel rib is engraved ‘Westley Richards 170 New Bond Street London’. It has double triggers, heavy Dolphin hammers and is complete with its original captive steel ram rod. The weapon has a lovely walnut full wood stock which has chequering at the grip and inlaid void silver escutcheon on top of the wrist. The pistol cocks and dry fires perfectly. The price for this impressive large calibre percussion pistol by renowned English gun smiths includes UK delivery. NB as an antique percussion pistol no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 14523
£2,750.00

SOLD SOLD SOLD WW1 Era Austrian Steyr Mannlicher Model 1896/ M96 11mm Calibre Straight Pull Bolt Action Rifle. Sn 14499:15 - 14499:15
The Model M1896, better known as the Mannlicher M96 rifle is a bolt-action rifle, designed by Ferdinand Ritter von Mannlicher. The M1896 is unusual in employing a straight-pull bolt action, as opposed to the more common rotating bolt-handle of other rifles (see page 53 of Mannlicher Military Rifles by Scarlata). These weapons were used throughout WW1 and into the 1930’s. This is a good example. The wood furniture of this weapon is battle worn with knocks bumps and bruises to be expected, but all wood is original and intact with no cracks. The wood is mounted with a brass plate stamped with number ‘21’. The metal work is undamaged. The breech is stamped with the combined 'OEWG' Österreichische Waffenfabriksgesellschaft 'Austrian Arms-Manufacturing Company Steyr mark. It has bayonet bar/ lug, sling swivels, steel butt plate, block and blade fore sight and adjustable rear sight. The weapon’s bolt action and firing mechanism works perfectly. Price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique obsolete calibre rifle no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 14499:15
£0.00
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next Page 1 of 25