Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Miscellaneous

Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page 4 of 10

C1930’s- 1940’s Brass Cased Naval Bulkhead Ship’s Clock By Fenton Rusell & Co Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland With Quality German Movement, In Full Working Order Complete With Key. Sn 14157 - 14157
In 1822 Bailie Thomas Russell established a clock making and electroplating business at Hunter Square, Edinburgh. The business was continued in 1853 by James Fenton in partnership. The partnership was dissolved in 1876 and continued by James Fenton under the old name of Thomas Russel & Co. In 1900 the firm was converted into a limited liability company under the title Fenton, Russell & Co Ltd. This brass nautical ship’s bulkhead clock is in excellent condition and has a quality German made movement. It has a 7” diameter silvered face which is clean. It has 1-12 hour markings with black metal hour and minute hands. It is marked on the face by the manufacturer ‘Fenton Rusell & Co Ltd Edinburgh’. The face also has an adjustable slow-fast slider in a slot for fine tuning the time keeping & a hole for key winding. The clock case is brass and measures 9 ¼” diameter including its integral rim which has 6 factory drilled holes for wall mounting. It has a hinged, brass rimmed, glazed face cover and is complete with original brass winding key. The clock case is 4 ¼” deep with the face closed. This clock is fully functioning, keeping precise time. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 14157
£495.00

Smiths Astral Brass Cased Ships Bulk Head Clock. Sn 14024 - 14024
Smiths trace their ancestry back to a craftsman named Samuel Smith who in 1851 opened a shop in Newington Causeway, London, where he made and sold watches, clocks and precision instruments. Astral was not a manufacturer. It was a trade name introduced by H Williamson Ltd. to indicate a particular range of clocks. In May 1932 the Clock manufacturing operations of English Clock and Watch Manufacturers Ltd. were acquired by S Smith & Sons (Motor Accessories) Ltd. The purchase meant that Smiths acquired rights to many movement designs. Probably the most important of these were the Astral and Empire marine ranges, both of which remained in production for many years. This is a ships bulkhead clock contained in a beautiful brass case with brass mounting plate, factory drilled on the flange with four holes for bulkhead mounting. The clock is fully serviced and has a pristine fully working movement. The hinged bezelled face glass is in perfect condition. The face has minutes marked round the circumference 5-60 and in the centre a sub hour scale marked 1- 12. It has two black hands, one minute hand and one hour hand which is shortened to fit inside the sub scale. It has a red second hand. There is an F-S adjuster to quickly fine tune the speed at which the clock is running. It is complete with a brass winding key. The clock face measures 7 3/4" n diameter and the case measures 8 1/2" in diameter. The clock measures 4" from the mounting plate to the top of the face glass. This is a very nice, fully working and pristine condition ships bulkhead clock. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 14024
£395.00

20th Century British Naval Ship's Brass Bulkhead Clock With 60 Seconds Time Keeping Feature Mounted On Oak Plaque & Original Key. Sn 13869 - 13869
An original British form brass bulkhead ship’s Clock. This example has a 6 ½” diameter face which is clean with black metal hour and minute hands together with an inner 1” diameter 60 second timer roundel with second hand indicator. The clock case is brass and comes with its original brass key stamped ‘Swiss made 4.50’. The face also has an adjustable slow-fast slider in a slot for fine tuning the time keeping. There is also a hole for key winding. There are no manufacturer marks on the exterior of this piece. The face is covered by a glazed brass rimmed cover which screws off. The clock case measures 9 ½” in diameter and is 3 ¾” deep with face cover on. The rim of the case has 3 drilled holes for wall mounting. The case is screwed to an 11” diameter Oak round plaque which is 1” thick. The plaque is mounted with a fixed brass hanging ring for wall mounting. This clock has recently been cleaned and serviced. It is fully functioning, keeping precise time. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 13869
£345.00

Brass Cased Eight Day Naval Bulkhead Clock By Barkers of Kensington, London, Mounted on Dark Stained Oak Mount, In Fuly Working Order. Complete With Key. Misc. 856 - Misc. 856
Barkers of Kensington was a department store in Kensington High Street, Kensington, London. It was started by John Barker and James Whitehead, later Lord Mayor of London, in 1870. It was sold to House of Fraser in 1957. This example has a 6 1/2” diameter silvered face which is clean. It has 1-12 hour markings with black metal hour and minute hands. It is marked on the face with "Barkers Kensington". The clock case is brass and comes with a key. The face also has an adjustable slow-fast slider in a slot for fine tuning the time keeping. The clock glass in brass frame twists off to reveal the fine tuning slot. There is also a hole for key winding. The clock case measures 7 1/4” in diameter, opening out to 9" at the mounting flange and is 2 1/4" deep. The case has a mounting brass flange, and three factory drilled holes with which it is mounted to a dark stained oak mount which has two brass mounting lugs. Below the top lug the oak mount is stamped with a serial number "1395". This clock is fully functioning, keeping precise time. The price includes UK delivery. Misc. 856
£495.00

RARE, Victorian Or Earlier Medieval / Italian Renaissance Form Battle Shield With Ornate Decoration. Sn 13597 - 13597
The Victorian era saw a revival of interest of objects from the renaissance and ancient medieval cultures that influenced architecture, decoration, furnishings and art. This renewed awareness led to an intense affinity of arms and armour from those periods of history and production of quality authentic reproduction arms and armour. This is a fine medieval / renaissance form battle shield. Its excellent quality and form indicates that it is either a Victorian reproduction or possibly a much earlier piece. The iron shield is 23” diameter with a rope effect and riveted rim. The surface of the shield is elegantly convex and has a pyramid form 3” spike in its centre mounted on a stylised rose form boss, which in its original form would allow the carrier to strike opponent’s, allowing the shield to be used for both defence and attack. This form also provides strength to the structure and would assist deflection of striking weapons. The whole surface of the shield has beautifully etched panels in the Italian Renaissance style featuring religious, hunting, and battle iconography. The shield retains its original shape and original 4 carry strap lugs. The rear of the shield has its original leather riveted padding and a later steel wire carry handle or wall hanger cord secured to 2 of the lugs. The shield has even patina and no damage. Price for this quality shield worthy of further research includes UK delivery. Sn 13597
£975.00

Original, 1970’s Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) 2nd Battalion South Belfast Arm Band. Sn 13795 - 13795
An original 1970’s era UVF green webbing armband. The armband is in clean un-issued / un-worn condition. It has an adjustable strap and pronged brass buckle. The Arm band is ink stamped ‘U.V.F 2 (2nd Battalion) South Belfast’. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 13795
£185.00

RARE, Victorian Or Earlier Medieval / Italian Renaissance Form Battle Shield With Ornate Decoration. Sn 13596 - 13596
The Victorian era saw a revival of interest in objects from the renaissance and ancient medieval cultures that influenced architecture, decoration, furnishings and art. This renewed awareness led to an intense affinity of arms and armour from those periods of history and production of quality authentic reproduction arms and armour. This is a fine medieval/ renaissance form battle shield. Its excellent quality and form indicates that it is either a Victorian reproduction or possibly a much earlier piece. The iron shield is 24” diameter with a rope effect and riveted rim. The surface of the shield elegantly curves to form a conical point which in its original form would allow the carrier to strike opponent’s, allowing the shield to be used for both defence and attack. This form also provides strength to the structure and would assist deflection of striking weapons. The whole surface of the shield has beautifully etched panels in the Italian Renaissance style featuring religious, hunting, mythical and battle iconography. The shield retains its original shape and original 4 carry strap lugs. The rear of the shield has its original leather riveted padding and a rope carry handle secured to 2 of the lugs. The shield has even patina and just one small crack approx. 5mm length to one side of the conical boss which is only visible on close inspection and does not detract from the attractiveness of the piece. The price for this quality shield worthy of further research includes UK delivery. Sn 13596
£975.00

Original Medieval Form Georgian Or Victorian Era Fighting Axe / War Hammer With Original Long Leather Saddle Hanger / Wrist Strap. Sn 13693 - 13693
This excellent unusual Medieval Form Fighting Axe / War hammer was most likely made in the Georgian or Victorian Era. Similar examples of the original Medieval War Hammers are illustrated on page 278 of the book ‘A Glossary Of The Construction, Decoration & Use Of Arms & Armour’ by Stone. This is not a decorative replica of a Medieval War hammer but was definitely made for use. The hard wood shaft has hand tooled decoration and a pierced brass ball end. The axe measures 6” from the broadest part of the cutting edge to the pointed end of the armour / helmet piercing Hammer head. The sharpened cutting edge of the axe head measures 2 ¼” from tip to tip and the underside of the blade has a notch most likely used to rip open the armour of a fallen enemy (similar to how a can opener operates). The heavy octagonal armour piercing hammer is 2 ½” length and has a copper ring towards the end section and conical steel striking point. The axe head is attached to the shaft by 2 long riveted steel tangs. The overall length of the axe is 13 ¾”. The axe is complete with its original unusual leather strap configuration with 2 leather straps combined with buckles (25” overall length) and decorative 4 pointed metal plate star mount (one tip of the star is absent). The strap is attached to a leather ring which is riveted to the shaft. The strap can be configured to form a wrist loop and in its longer form, most likely for hanging from a saddle. The axe with straps attached weighs a hefty 1lb 15 ozs. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 13693
£575.00

WW1 Era British Royal Navy Leather, Cork & Canvas Cordite Charge Carrier. Sn 13595 - 13595
An excellent original Brown leather Royal Navy cordite charge carrier. Constructed of Leather, cork and canvas, these types of carrier were used by the Royal Navy prior to, during and after WW1 to carry the cordite charges for Naval guns. The front has colourful complete Kings Crown Heraldic Arms Of Great Britain. It has a complete canvas lining and heavy duty leather carry handle. It measures 13 ½” height & 6" base diameter. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 13595
£245.00

SS Catilian Porthole Rim Recovered From Scapa Flow With Porthole Glass From SMS Kronprinz Wilhelm, Set In Shreiber Mahogany Coffee Table Complete With a Framed Sketch of SS Castilian and Framed Explanation by Barry Hawkins. Sn 13482 - 13482
This is a Schreiber coffee table with a brass porthole rim set into it along with two etched brass plates. The Porthole and Porthole glass were both recovered from the sea by a diver Bill Smith. The porthole was recovered from the wreck of the SS Castilian. SS Castilian was carrying a cargo of munitions to Lisbon when she struck East Platters Rocks, near The Skerries, Anglesey, Wales and on 12 February 1943 sank. She was steam ship built in 1919 and was 1849 tons. Since this recovery, in 1987 a Royal Navy clearance vessel spent several months removing unexploded ordnance from Fydlyn Bay nearby believed to have come from the wreck. In 1997 the location of the wreck on East Platters Rocks was designated under section 2 of the Protection of Wrecks Act 1973 with a 500 m exclusion zone regarding scuba diving activities because of its potentially dangerous cargo. The diver Bill Smith also recovered a steel porthole from the wreck of the German Battleship SMS Kronprinz Wilhelm, which was built and launched on 21st February 1914 and was scuttled on the 21st June 1919 in Scapa Flow Orkney after the surrender of the German High Seas Fleet. The porthole was so deteriorated that Bill Smith carefully removed the glass which was still in tact and fitted it to the brass porthole from the SS Castilian. The table measures 25 1/2" x 25 1/2" x 11" high. The porthole measures 16" in diameter. The two plaques read "Porthole Glass SMS Kronprinz Wilheim 25,388 Tons Battleship Launched 21-2-14 Scuttled 21-6-1919 Scapa Flow" and the other reads "Brass Rim SS Castilian 1849 Ton Steam Ship Built 1919 Wrecked 12-2-1943 East Platters". Bill Smith has also written an authentication letter for the rim and it is complete with a limited edition 19/250 print by Barry G. Hawkins who is an assistant light house keeper on the Skerries Lighthouse. The print measures 12 1/2" x 9" in a frame and with it a framed explanation of the SS Castilian and the wrecking details by Barry Hawkins Also included is a book on Scapa Flow wrecks. This is a very nice, complete collection. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 13482
£395.00
Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page 4 of 10