Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Headgear

Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next Page 7 of 17

Victorian British Yorkshire Dragoons Yeomanry Cavalry Officer’s Helmet With Queen's Crown, Helmet Plate, White Horse Hair Plume, Liner & Link Chin Strap. Sn 15169 - 15169
The Queen's Own Yorkshire Dragoons was a Yeomanry Cavalry Regiment of the British Army in existence from 1794 to 1956. The Regiment was formed as Volunteer Cavalry known as the South West Yorkshire Yeomanry Cavalry in 1794 during the French Revolutionary Wars. In 1844, it changed its name to the First West Yorkshire Yeomanry Cavalry. Finally, in 1897, after the Sheffield squadron had the honour of escorting Her Majesty, Queen Victoria, at Sheffield and being represented at the Royal celebration of that year, the Regiment became known as the Queens Own Yorkshire Dragoons. The Yeomanry was not intended to serve overseas, but due to the string of defeats during Black Week in December 1899, the British Government realised they were going to need more troops than just the regular army and the Regiment provided Yeomanry Battalions to serve in the Boer Wars. The Regiment was converted to an armoured role during the Second World War. In 1956, it merged with the Yorkshire Hussars and the East Riding of Yorkshire Yeomanry to form the Queen's Own Yorkshire Yeomanry. Its lineage is continued today by A (Yorkshire Yeomanry) Squadron, the Queen's Own Yeomanry. This is an excellent Victorian Yorkshire Dragoons Yeomanry Cavalry nickel plated brass Helmet With correct white horse hair plume, Leather sweatband & Link Chin Strap. It has a brass top spike, Tudor rose boss devices to each side to support the leather backed brass link chin. It has a very ornate original helmet plate featuring beaded star with gilt edged wreath, Queen's Crown, brass banner with Regiment name and central Yorkshire rose. It has its original leather sweatband which has service wear to be expected. The helmet has no dents, retains its original finish and is approx UK size 7. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 15169
£1,895.00

Early WW2 MK 1 British Army Motorcycle Dispatch Rider’s Helmet With Fibre Rim Liner & Leather Chin Strap With Neck Protector Flap. Sn 14973 - 14973
This is an excellent original early WW2 MK 1 British Army motorcycle dispatch rider’s helmet. This helmet has no denting and is complete with webbing liner & padded leather sweatband, vented ear flaps with press stud covers, chin strap with buckle and rear neck protector flap. The helmet has its original green paint and fibre rim. The leather sweatband has an original partial paper manufacturer’s label (illustrated). It is approx. UK size 6 ½. The price for this early WW2 dispatch rider’s helmet includes UK delivery. Sn 14973
£345.00

Original WW2 British Overseas Service Tropical Solar Topee Helmet . HE 870 - HE 870
This is an original WW2 British Overseas Service Tropical Solar Topee Helmet. The helmet retains its original leather head band, chin strap & vented top mount. It is also complete with leather sweatband which is marked O over W ARROW D over 290 inside the headband. The headband is also embossed VEROS DETACHABLE& SELF CONFORIMING HEAD BAND. ROYAL LETTERS PATENT. NO. 228467. Price includes UK delivery. HE 870
£245.00

ORIGINAL, WW2 Japanese Infantry Officer’s Combat Cap With Embroidered ‘Star’ Badge, Chinstrap & Removable Neck Cover For Tropical Use. Sn 14894:8 - 14894:8
This is an original WW2 Japanese Officer’s combat cap complete with its original chin strap and neck cover for Tropical use (see page 108 item 296 of Imperial Japanese Army & Navy Uniforms & Equipment By Nakata & Nelson). The olive serge cap with peak and original fabric chinstrap is clean & intact. The front of the helmet has the original embroidered yellow ‘star’ badge on a felt patch roundel. The leather sweatband is clean and undamaged. The band is ink stamped ‘7’. The cap’s removable 3 panel cloth neck cover is secured to the cap by a knotted cloth tape at the rear of the cap and small brass hooks on the cover which slot into small stitched loops on the rim of the cap. The cap is approx. UK size 6. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 14894:8
£475.00

Victorian Albert Pattern Staffordshire Queen’s Own Royal Yeomanry Other Ranks Helmet With Chin Strap, Liner & Plume. Sn 14801 - 14801
This is a scarce example of the Albert pattern helmet adopted by the regiment in 1850. It has a blackened steel crown with large brass helmet plate and edges with traces of silvering. The replacement rose bosses support a silvered link chin chain with leather backing. The plume holder which is incomplete supports a black horse hair plume. The interior has the original leather lining. It is approx. UK size 7. This is a scarce helmet worthy of minor restoration. Sn 14801
£745.00

Original, WW2 1944 'D-Day' British 3rd Pattern Camouflaged Paratroopers Jump Helmet By BMB With Camo Netting, Liner & Chin Strap. Sn 14849 - 14849
This is an excellent original WW2 1944 dated 3rd Pattern British Paratroopers Jump Helmet (See page 93 of For King & Country By Glenn). 3rd pattern Jump Helmets were manufactured from 1943 and featured a manganese steel shell with webbing liner & leather chin cup. They 1st saw action on June 6th 1944 for the Normandy Invasion. This helmet has no denting and is complete with correct liner & chinstrap. It has its original green camo paint. The leather sweatband is date stamped '1944' together with manufacturer's mark 'BMB' and size '6 3/4'. The helmet is also fitted with its original Camo netting which is worn in places consistent with age and service use. The price for this Airborne jump helmet includes UK delivery. Sn 14849
£1,295.00

WW1 French M15 Adrian Combat Helmet With 'RF' (République Française) Infantry Helmet Badge & Liner. Sn 14727 - 14727
The M15 Adrian helmet (French: Casque Adrian) was a combat helmet issued to the French Army during World War 1. It was the first standard helmet of the French Army and was designed when millions of French troops were engaged in trench warfare. The later M 1926 helmet was made of a single piece of pressed steel without joining rim and top combe. This is an excellent original WW1 M15 French Adrian Combat Helmet complete with its original sweatband liner. The helmet has original chin strap bales. The helmet is fitted with an original Infantry 'RF' (République Française) helmet badge featuring an ignited grenade. The helmet has no dents and it has original dark grey paint finish which has even patina & scuffs consistent with age and service use. It is approx UK size 7. The price for this WW1 Adrian includes UK delivery. Sn 14727
£245.00

Victorian British 16th The Queen's Lancers Officer’s Lance Cap / Chapka By Sexton, Dublin With Gilt Fittings, Silvered Queen’s Crown Plate, With Pre Boer War Battle Honours, Bullion Rosette & Cock’s Tail Feather Plume. - 14666:10
The 16th The Queen's Lancers was a Cavalry Regiment of the British Army, first raised in 1759. It saw service for two centuries, before being amalgamated with the 5th Royal Irish Lancers to form the 16th/5th Lancers) in 1922. The Regiment was raised in 1759 by Colonel John Burgoyne as the 16th Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, being the second of the new Regiments of Light Dragoons; it was also known as Burgoyne's Light Horse. The Regiment was closely involved, undertaking several cavalry charges, in the action leading up to the capture of the French Garrison of Belle Île in April 1761 during the Seven Years' War. It also made a major contribution to the British victories against the Spaniards at the Battle of Valencia de Alcántara in August 1762 and at the Battle of Vila Velha in October 1762 during the Anglo-Spanish War. In 1766 the Regiment was renamed after Queen Charlotte as the 2nd (or The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, the number being an attempt to create a new numbering system for the Light Dragoon Regiments. However, the old system was quickly re-established, with the Regiment returning as the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons in 1769. The Regiment arrived in New York in October 1776 for service in the American Revolutionary War. It was involved in fighting at the Battle of White Plains in October 1776, the Battle of Brandywine in September 1777 and the Battle of Germantown in October 1777 before seeing more action at the Battle of Crooked Billet in May 1778, the Battle of Barren Hill later that month and the Battle of Monmouth in June 1778. The Regiment returned to England in spring 1779. The Regiment next landed at Ostend in April 1793 for service in the Flanders Campaign and was present at the Siege of Valenciennes in June 1793, the Siege of Dunkirk in August 1793 and the Siege of Landrecies in April 1794. It also took part in the Battle of Beaumont in April 1794, the Battle of Willems in May 1794 and the Battle of Tournay in later that month before returning to England in February 1796. The Regiment was then based in Ireland between autumn 1802 and 1805. During the Napoleonic Wars the Regiment were ordered to support Sir Arthur Wellesley's Army on the Iberian Peninsula and landed at Lisbon in April 1809. The Regiment fought at the Second Battle of Porto in May 1809, the Battle of Talavera in July 1809 and the Siege of Ciudad Rodrigo in April 1810. The Regiment also saw action at the Battle of Bussaco in September 1810 the Battle of Sabugal in April 1811 and the Battle of Fuentes de Oñoro in May 1811. It next fought at the Battle of Salamanca in July 1812, the Siege of Burgos in September 1812 and the Battle of Vitoria in June 1813. It was next in action at the Siege of San Sebastián in August 1813 and having advanced into France, at the Battle of Nivelle in November 1813. The regiment took part in the Hundred Days landing at Ostend in May 1815. It charged with John Vandeleur's Cavalry Brigade at the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815. After the battle, their commander, Lieutenant-colonel James Hay, lay so badly injured that he could not be moved from the field for eight days. The Regiment had been the sole British Cavalry Regiment to serve throughout the Peninsular War and at the Hundred Days. In the Victorian era, the Regiment was dispatched to Ireland in March 1816 where it was re-designated as a Lancer Regiment in September 1816, becoming the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons (Lancers). It returned from Ireland in June 1819 and was sent to India in 1822 where it saw action, using lances, against the Marathas at the Siege of Bharatpur in January 1826. It saw action again at the capture of Ghuznee in July 1839 during the First Anglo-Afghan War and at the Battle of Maharajpore in December 1843 during the Gwalior Campaign. It also took part in the Battle of Aliwal in January 1846, when the Regiment charged and dispersed a body of Sikhs ten times its size, and also fought at the Battle of Sobraon in February 1846 during the First Anglo-Sikh War. The Regiment’s title was simplified to the 16th (The Queen's) Lancers in 1861. It served in India between 1865 and 1876 and again between 1890 and 1899. Prior to the Boer Wars 1899-1902 the Regiment was awarded Battle Honours: Talavera, Fuentes d'Onor, Salamanca, Vittoria, Nive, Peninsula, Waterloo, Bhurtpore, Ghuznee 1839, Afghanistan 1839, Maharajpore, Aliwal, Sobraon. This is a scarce, original, Cavalry Officer’s Lance Cap of the 16th The Queen's Lancers (see multiple entries including pages 77 to 80 of the book ‘Head Dress Of The British Lancer’s 1816 To The Present’ by Rowe & Carman which illustrates & describes, in detail, the components & construction of Lance caps & Victorian 16th Lancer’s plates similar to ours). The Lance Cap has the correct internal construction, skull and peak of black patent leather with waist of Gold lace and red band. The rear has the correct gilt metal ring & hook with 4 leaf mount. The peak is adorned with gold purl. The cloth top and sides are covered in black cloth of the Regimental facing colour. Bullion cord extends across the top of the cap and down the 4 angles. The cap has the correct bullion ‘VR (Victoria Regina) rosette on a field of red and Lion’s head bosses with velvet backed link chain. It has a brass plume boss with dramatic Cock’s tail Feather plume. The cap is fitted with the correct Victorian gilt metal rayed plate and silvered badge comprising the correct Victorian Crown Royal arms & correct pre Boer War Battle honours above banner ‘Sixteenth Lancers’. The Lance Cap is complete with original leather sweat band and silk liner which are in excellent condition. The lining has a manufacturer’s/ Retailer’s gold leaf stamp ‘R, Sexton Military Tailor 51 Dawson Street Dublin’ indicating that the cap itself may have been commissioned by the original Lancer Officer who owned this cap when stationed in or visiting Dublin. The cap is approx UK size 6 1/2. The price for this impressive Lance Cap to a Prestigious Lancer’s Regiment includes UK delivery. Sn 14666:10 **NB THE 16th LANCERS OFFICER'S UNIFORM THAT WAS ACQUIRED WITH THIS LANCE CAP IS AVAILABLE SEPARATELY (STOCK NUMBER SN 14666:11). A DISCOUNT IS AVAILABLE IF THE LANCE CAP AND UNIFORM ARE PURCHASED TOGETHER. PLEASE CONTACT FOR DETAILS**
£3,950.00

Post 1902 British 16th The Queen's Lancers Trooper’s Lance Cap / Chapka With King’s Crown Plate & Pre WW1 Battle Honours, Rosette,Black Horse Hair Plume & Lines. Sn 14666:8 - 14666:8
The 16th The Queen's Lancers was a Cavalry Regiment of the British Army, first raised in 1759. It saw service for two centuries, before being amalgamated with the 5th Royal Irish Lancers to form the 16th/5th Lancers) in 1922. The Regiment was raised in 1759 by Colonel John Burgoyne as the 16th Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, being the second of the new Regiments of Light Dragoons; it was also known as Burgoyne's Light Horse. The Regiment was closely involved, undertaking several cavalry charges, in the action leading up to the capture of the French Garrison of Belle Île in April 1761 during the Seven Years' War. It also made a major contribution to the British victories against the Spaniards at the Battle of Valencia de Alcántara in August 1762 and at the Battle of Vila Velha in October 1762 during the Anglo-Spanish War. In 1766 the Regiment was renamed after Queen Charlotte as the 2nd (or The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, the number being an attempt to create a new numbering system for the Light Dragoon Regiments. However, the old system was quickly re-established, with the Regiment returning as the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons in 1769. The Regiment arrived in New York in October 1776 for service in the American Revolutionary War. It was involved in fighting at the Battle of White Plains in October 1776, the Battle of Brandywine in September 1777 and the Battle of Germantown in October 1777 before seeing more action at the Battle of Crooked Billet in May 1778, the Battle of Barren Hill later that month and the Battle of Monmouth in June 1778. The Regiment returned to England in spring 1779. The Regiment next landed at Ostend in April 1793 for service in the Flanders Campaign and was present at the Siege of Valenciennes in June 1793, the Siege of Dunkirk in August 1793 and the Siege of Landrecies in April 1794. It also took part in the Battle of Beaumont in April 1794, the Battle of Willems in May 1794 and the Battle of Tournay in later that month before returning to England in February 1796. The Regiment was then based in Ireland between autumn 1802 and 1805. During the Napoleonic Wars the Regiment were ordered to support Sir Arthur Wellesley's Army on the Iberian Peninsula and landed at Lisbon in April 1809. The Regiment fought at the Second Battle of Porto in May 1809, the Battle of Talavera in July 1809 and the Siege of Ciudad Rodrigo in April 1810. The Regiment also saw action at the Battle of Bussaco in September 1810 the Battle of Sabugal in April 1811 and the Battle of Fuentes de Oñoro in May 1811. It next fought at the Battle of Salamanca in July 1812, the Siege of Burgos in September 1812 and the Battle of Vitoria in June 1813. It was next in action at the Siege of San Sebastián in August 1813 and having advanced into France, at the Battle of Nivelle in November 1813. The regiment took part in the Hundred Days landing at Ostend in May 1815. It charged with John Vandeleur's Cavalry Brigade at the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815. After the battle, their commander, Lieutenant-colonel James Hay, lay so badly injured that he could not be moved from the field for eight days. The Regiment had been the sole British Cavalry Regiment to serve throughout the Peninsular War and at the Hundred Days. In the Victorian era, the Regiment was dispatched to Ireland in March 1816 where it was re-designated as a Lancer Regiment in September 1816, becoming the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons (Lancers). It returned from Ireland in June 1819 and was sent to India in 1822 where it saw action, using lances, against the Marathas at the Siege of Bharatpur in January 1826. It saw action again at the capture of Ghuznee in July 1839 during the First Anglo-Afghan War and at the Battle of Maharajpore in December 1843 during the Gwalior Campaign. It also took part in the Battle of Aliwal in January 1846, when the Regiment charged and dispersed a body of Sikhs ten times its size, and also fought at the Battle of Sobraon in February 1846 during the First Anglo-Sikh War. The Regiment’s title was simplified to the 16th (The Queen's) Lancers in 1861. It served in India between 1865 and 1876 and again between 1890 and 1899. Prior to the Boer Wars 1899-1902 the Regiment was awarded Battle Honours: Talavera, Fuentes d'Onor, Salamanca, Vittoria, Nive, Peninsula, Waterloo, Bhurtpore, Ghuznee 1839, Afghanistan 1839, Maharajpore, Aliwal, Sobraon. During the Boer wars 1899-1902 the Regiment landed at Cape Colony in January 1900 for service in the Second Boer War and took part in the relief of Kimberley in February 1900. This is a scarce, original, Cavalry Trooper’s Lance Cap of the 16th The Queen's Lancers (see multiple entries in the book ‘Head Dress Of The British Lancer’s 1816 To The Present’ by Rowe & Carman which illustrates & describes, in detail, the components & construction of Lance caps & page 96 which illustrates a 16th Lancers KC plate, the same as ours). The Lance Cap has the correct internal construction, skull and peak of black patent leather with waist of yellow cloth and red band. The rear has the correct brass metal ring & hook with 4 leaf mount. The cloth sides are covered in black cloth of the Regimental facing colour. Yellow cord with brass finials extends down the 4 angles. The cap has the correct green and yellow wool ball rosette with Kings Crown ‘QL XVI’ (Queens 16th Lancers) button and Lion’s head bosses with leather backed link chain. It has a brass plume boss with black horse hair plume. The cap is fitted with the correct King’s Crown metal rayed plate and badge comprising the correct Royal arms & pre WW1 battle Honours above banner ‘Sixteenth Lancers’. The Lance Cap is complete with original leather sweat band liner. The crown of the cap has a size label 6 5/8. The size is repeated in contemporary white paint on the liner. The cap has its original Lines. The price for this impressive Lance Cap to a Prestigious Lancer’s Regiment includes UK delivery. Sn 14666:8
£1,575.00

Victorian British 16th The Queen's Lancers Officer’s Lance Cap / Chapka With Gilt Fittings, Silvered Queen’s Crown Plate, With Pre Boer War Battle Honours Bullion Rosette & Black Cock's Tail Feather Plume. Sn 14666:7 - 14666:7
The 16th The Queen's Lancers was a Cavalry Regiment of the British Army, first raised in 1759. It saw service for two centuries, before being amalgamated with the 5th Royal Irish Lancers to form the 16th/5th Lancers) in 1922. The Regiment was raised in 1759 by Colonel John Burgoyne as the 16th Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, being the second of the new Regiments of Light Dragoons; it was also known as Burgoyne's Light Horse. The Regiment was closely involved, undertaking several cavalry charges, in the action leading up to the capture of the French Garrison of Belle Île in April 1761 during the Seven Years' War. It also made a major contribution to the British victories against the Spaniards at the Battle of Valencia de Alcántara in August 1762 and at the Battle of Vila Velha in October 1762 during the Anglo-Spanish War. In 1766 the Regiment was renamed after Queen Charlotte as the 2nd (or The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, the number being an attempt to create a new numbering system for the Light Dragoon Regiments. However, the old system was quickly re-established, with the Regiment returning as the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons in 1769. The Regiment arrived in New York in October 1776 for service in the American Revolutionary War. It was involved in fighting at the Battle of White Plains in October 1776, the Battle of Brandywine in September 1777 and the Battle of Germantown in October 1777 before seeing more action at the Battle of Crooked Billet in May 1778, the Battle of Barren Hill later that month and the Battle of Monmouth in June 1778. The Regiment returned to England in spring 1779. The Regiment next landed at Ostend in April 1793 for service in the Flanders Campaign and was present at the Siege of Valenciennes in June 1793, the Siege of Dunkirk in August 1793 and the Siege of Landrecies in April 1794. It also took part in the Battle of Beaumont in April 1794, the Battle of Willems in May 1794 and the Battle of Tournay in later that month before returning to England in February 1796. The Regiment was then based in Ireland between autumn 1802 and 1805. During the Napoleonic Wars the Regiment were ordered to support Sir Arthur Wellesley's Army on the Iberian Peninsula and landed at Lisbon in April 1809. The Regiment fought at the Second Battle of Porto in May 1809, the Battle of Talavera in July 1809 and the Siege of Ciudad Rodrigo in April 1810. The Regiment also saw action at the Battle of Bussaco in September 1810 the Battle of Sabugal in April 1811 and the Battle of Fuentes de Oñoro in May 1811. It next fought at the Battle of Salamanca in July 1812, the Siege of Burgos in September 1812 and the Battle of Vitoria in June 1813. It was next in action at the Siege of San Sebastián in August 1813 and having advanced into France, at the Battle of Nivelle in November 1813. The regiment took part in the Hundred Days landing at Ostend in May 1815. It charged with John Vandeleur's Cavalry Brigade at the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815. After the battle, their commander, Lieutenant-colonel James Hay, lay so badly injured that he could not be moved from the field for eight days. The Regiment had been the sole British Cavalry Regiment to serve throughout the Peninsular War and at the Hundred Days. In the Victorian era, the Regiment was dispatched to Ireland in March 1816 where it was re-designated as a Lancer Regiment in September 1816, becoming the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons (Lancers). It returned from Ireland in June 1819 and was sent to India in 1822 where it saw action, using lances, against the Marathas at the Siege of Bharatpur in January 1826. It saw action again at the capture of Ghuznee in July 1839 during the First Anglo-Afghan War and at the Battle of Maharajpore in December 1843 during the Gwalior Campaign. It also took part in the Battle of Aliwal in January 1846, when the Regiment charged and dispersed a body of Sikhs ten times its size, and also fought at the Battle of Sobraon in February 1846 during the First Anglo-Sikh War. The Regiment’s title was simplified to the 16th (The Queen's) Lancers in 1861. It served in India between 1865 and 1876 and again between 1890 and 1899. Prior to the Boer Wars 1899-1902 the Regiment was awarded Battle Honours: Talavera, Fuentes d'Onor, Salamanca, Vittoria, Nive, Peninsula, Waterloo, Bhurtpore, Ghuznee 1839, Afghanistan 1839, Maharajpore, Aliwal, Sobraon. This is a scarce, original, Cavalry Officer’s Lance Cap of the 16th The Queen's Lancers (see multiple entries including pages 77 to 80 of the book ‘Head Dress Of The British Lancer’s 1816 To The Present’ by Rowe & Carman which illustrates & describes, in detail, the components & construction of Lance caps & Victorian 16th Lancer’s plates similar to ours). The Lance Cap has the correct internal construction, skull and peak of black patent leather with waist of Gold lace and red band. The rear has the correct gilt metal ring & hook with 4 leaf mount. The peak is adorned with gold purl. The cloth top and sides are covered in black cloth of the Regimental facing colour. Gold cord extends across the top of the cap and down the 4 angles. The cap has the correct bullion ‘VR (Victoria Regina) rosette on a field of red and Lion’s head bosses with velvet backed link chain. It has a brass plume boss with dramatic correct black Cock's tail feather plume. The cap is fitted with the correct Victorian gilt metal rayed plate and silvered badge comprising the correct Victorian Crown Royal arms & correct pre Boer War Battle honours above banner ‘Sixteenth Lancers’. The Lance Cap is complete with original leather sweat band and silk liner which has become detached. The sweatband is complete but has service wear to be expected. The cap is approx UK size 6 1/2. The price for this impressive Lance Cap to a Prestigious Lancer’s Regiment includes UK delivery. Sn 14666:7
£3,750.00
Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next Page 7 of 17