Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Headgear

Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next Page 6 of 15

Original WW2 British Overseas Service Tropical Solar Topee Helmet . HE 870 - HE 870
This is an original WW2 British Overseas Service Tropical Solar Topee Helmet. The helmet retains its original leather head band, chin strap & vented top mount. It is also complete with leather sweatband which is marked O over W ARROW D over 290 inside the headband. The headband is also embossed VEROS DETACHABLE& SELF CONFORIMING HEAD BAND. ROYAL LETTERS PATENT. NO. 228467. Price includes UK delivery. HE 870
£245.00

ORIGINAL, WW2 Japanese Infantry Officer’s Combat Cap With Embroidered ‘Star’ Badge, Chinstrap & Removable Neck Cover For Tropical Use. Sn 14894:8 - 14894:8
This is an original WW2 Japanese Officer’s combat cap complete with its original chin strap and neck cover for Tropical use (see page 108 item 296 of Imperial Japanese Army & Navy Uniforms & Equipment By Nakata & Nelson). The olive serge cap with peak and original fabric chinstrap is clean & intact. The front of the helmet has the original embroidered yellow ‘star’ badge on a felt patch roundel. The leather sweatband is clean and undamaged. The band is ink stamped ‘7’. The cap’s removable 3 panel cloth neck cover is secured to the cap by a knotted cloth tape at the rear of the cap and small brass hooks on the cover which slot into small stitched loops on the rim of the cap. The cap is approx. UK size 6. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 14894:8
£475.00

WW1 French M15 Adrian Combat Helmet With 'RF' (République Française) Infantry Helmet Badge & Liner. Sn 14727 - 14727
The M15 Adrian helmet (French: Casque Adrian) was a combat helmet issued to the French Army during World War 1. It was the first standard helmet of the French Army and was designed when millions of French troops were engaged in trench warfare. The later M 1926 helmet was made of a single piece of pressed steel without joining rim and top combe. This is an excellent original WW1 M15 French Adrian Combat Helmet complete with its original sweatband liner. The helmet has original chin strap bales. The helmet is fitted with an original Infantry 'RF' (République Française) helmet badge featuring an ignited grenade. The helmet has no dents and it has original dark grey paint finish which has even patina & scuffs consistent with age and service use. It is approx UK size 7. The price for this WW1 Adrian includes UK delivery. Sn 14727
£245.00

Victorian British 16th The Queen's Lancers Officer’s Lance Cap / Chapka By Sexton, Dublin With Gilt Fittings, Silvered Queen’s Crown Plate, With Pre Boer War Battle Honours, Bullion Rosette & Cock’s Tail Feather Plume. - 14666:10
The 16th The Queen's Lancers was a Cavalry Regiment of the British Army, first raised in 1759. It saw service for two centuries, before being amalgamated with the 5th Royal Irish Lancers to form the 16th/5th Lancers) in 1922. The Regiment was raised in 1759 by Colonel John Burgoyne as the 16th Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, being the second of the new Regiments of Light Dragoons; it was also known as Burgoyne's Light Horse. The Regiment was closely involved, undertaking several cavalry charges, in the action leading up to the capture of the French Garrison of Belle Île in April 1761 during the Seven Years' War. It also made a major contribution to the British victories against the Spaniards at the Battle of Valencia de Alcántara in August 1762 and at the Battle of Vila Velha in October 1762 during the Anglo-Spanish War. In 1766 the Regiment was renamed after Queen Charlotte as the 2nd (or The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, the number being an attempt to create a new numbering system for the Light Dragoon Regiments. However, the old system was quickly re-established, with the Regiment returning as the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons in 1769. The Regiment arrived in New York in October 1776 for service in the American Revolutionary War. It was involved in fighting at the Battle of White Plains in October 1776, the Battle of Brandywine in September 1777 and the Battle of Germantown in October 1777 before seeing more action at the Battle of Crooked Billet in May 1778, the Battle of Barren Hill later that month and the Battle of Monmouth in June 1778. The Regiment returned to England in spring 1779. The Regiment next landed at Ostend in April 1793 for service in the Flanders Campaign and was present at the Siege of Valenciennes in June 1793, the Siege of Dunkirk in August 1793 and the Siege of Landrecies in April 1794. It also took part in the Battle of Beaumont in April 1794, the Battle of Willems in May 1794 and the Battle of Tournay in later that month before returning to England in February 1796. The Regiment was then based in Ireland between autumn 1802 and 1805. During the Napoleonic Wars the Regiment were ordered to support Sir Arthur Wellesley's Army on the Iberian Peninsula and landed at Lisbon in April 1809. The Regiment fought at the Second Battle of Porto in May 1809, the Battle of Talavera in July 1809 and the Siege of Ciudad Rodrigo in April 1810. The Regiment also saw action at the Battle of Bussaco in September 1810 the Battle of Sabugal in April 1811 and the Battle of Fuentes de Oñoro in May 1811. It next fought at the Battle of Salamanca in July 1812, the Siege of Burgos in September 1812 and the Battle of Vitoria in June 1813. It was next in action at the Siege of San Sebastián in August 1813 and having advanced into France, at the Battle of Nivelle in November 1813. The regiment took part in the Hundred Days landing at Ostend in May 1815. It charged with John Vandeleur's Cavalry Brigade at the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815. After the battle, their commander, Lieutenant-colonel James Hay, lay so badly injured that he could not be moved from the field for eight days. The Regiment had been the sole British Cavalry Regiment to serve throughout the Peninsular War and at the Hundred Days. In the Victorian era, the Regiment was dispatched to Ireland in March 1816 where it was re-designated as a Lancer Regiment in September 1816, becoming the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons (Lancers). It returned from Ireland in June 1819 and was sent to India in 1822 where it saw action, using lances, against the Marathas at the Siege of Bharatpur in January 1826. It saw action again at the capture of Ghuznee in July 1839 during the First Anglo-Afghan War and at the Battle of Maharajpore in December 1843 during the Gwalior Campaign. It also took part in the Battle of Aliwal in January 1846, when the Regiment charged and dispersed a body of Sikhs ten times its size, and also fought at the Battle of Sobraon in February 1846 during the First Anglo-Sikh War. The Regiment’s title was simplified to the 16th (The Queen's) Lancers in 1861. It served in India between 1865 and 1876 and again between 1890 and 1899. Prior to the Boer Wars 1899-1902 the Regiment was awarded Battle Honours: Talavera, Fuentes d'Onor, Salamanca, Vittoria, Nive, Peninsula, Waterloo, Bhurtpore, Ghuznee 1839, Afghanistan 1839, Maharajpore, Aliwal, Sobraon. This is a scarce, original, Cavalry Officer’s Lance Cap of the 16th The Queen's Lancers (see multiple entries including pages 77 to 80 of the book ‘Head Dress Of The British Lancer’s 1816 To The Present’ by Rowe & Carman which illustrates & describes, in detail, the components & construction of Lance caps & Victorian 16th Lancer’s plates similar to ours). The Lance Cap has the correct internal construction, skull and peak of black patent leather with waist of Gold lace and red band. The rear has the correct gilt metal ring & hook with 4 leaf mount. The peak is adorned with gold purl. The cloth top and sides are covered in black cloth of the Regimental facing colour. Bullion cord extends across the top of the cap and down the 4 angles. The cap has the correct bullion ‘VR (Victoria Regina) rosette on a field of red and Lion’s head bosses with velvet backed link chain. It has a brass plume boss with dramatic Cock’s tail Feather plume. The cap is fitted with the correct Victorian gilt metal rayed plate and silvered badge comprising the correct Victorian Crown Royal arms & correct pre Boer War Battle honours above banner ‘Sixteenth Lancers’. The Lance Cap is complete with original leather sweat band and silk liner which are in excellent condition. The lining has a manufacturer’s/ Retailer’s gold leaf stamp ‘R, Sexton Military Tailor 51 Dawson Street Dublin’ indicating that the cap itself may have been commissioned by the original Lancer Officer who owned this cap when stationed in or visiting Dublin. The cap is approx UK size 6 1/2. The price for this impressive Lance Cap to a Prestigious Lancer’s Regiment includes UK delivery. Sn 14666:10 **NB THE 16th LANCERS OFFICER'S UNIFORM THAT WAS ACQUIRED WITH THIS LANCE CAP IS AVAILABLE SEPARATELY (STOCK NUMBER SN 14666:11). A DISCOUNT IS AVAILABLE IF THE LANCE CAP AND UNIFORM ARE PURCHASED TOGETHER. PLEASE CONTACT FOR DETAILS**
£3,950.00

Post 1902 British 16th The Queen's Lancers Trooper’s Lance Cap / Chapka With King’s Crown Plate & Pre WW1 Battle Honours, Rosette,Black Horse Hair Plume & Lines. Sn 14666:8 - 14666:8
The 16th The Queen's Lancers was a Cavalry Regiment of the British Army, first raised in 1759. It saw service for two centuries, before being amalgamated with the 5th Royal Irish Lancers to form the 16th/5th Lancers) in 1922. The Regiment was raised in 1759 by Colonel John Burgoyne as the 16th Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, being the second of the new Regiments of Light Dragoons; it was also known as Burgoyne's Light Horse. The Regiment was closely involved, undertaking several cavalry charges, in the action leading up to the capture of the French Garrison of Belle Île in April 1761 during the Seven Years' War. It also made a major contribution to the British victories against the Spaniards at the Battle of Valencia de Alcántara in August 1762 and at the Battle of Vila Velha in October 1762 during the Anglo-Spanish War. In 1766 the Regiment was renamed after Queen Charlotte as the 2nd (or The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, the number being an attempt to create a new numbering system for the Light Dragoon Regiments. However, the old system was quickly re-established, with the Regiment returning as the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons in 1769. The Regiment arrived in New York in October 1776 for service in the American Revolutionary War. It was involved in fighting at the Battle of White Plains in October 1776, the Battle of Brandywine in September 1777 and the Battle of Germantown in October 1777 before seeing more action at the Battle of Crooked Billet in May 1778, the Battle of Barren Hill later that month and the Battle of Monmouth in June 1778. The Regiment returned to England in spring 1779. The Regiment next landed at Ostend in April 1793 for service in the Flanders Campaign and was present at the Siege of Valenciennes in June 1793, the Siege of Dunkirk in August 1793 and the Siege of Landrecies in April 1794. It also took part in the Battle of Beaumont in April 1794, the Battle of Willems in May 1794 and the Battle of Tournay in later that month before returning to England in February 1796. The Regiment was then based in Ireland between autumn 1802 and 1805. During the Napoleonic Wars the Regiment were ordered to support Sir Arthur Wellesley's Army on the Iberian Peninsula and landed at Lisbon in April 1809. The Regiment fought at the Second Battle of Porto in May 1809, the Battle of Talavera in July 1809 and the Siege of Ciudad Rodrigo in April 1810. The Regiment also saw action at the Battle of Bussaco in September 1810 the Battle of Sabugal in April 1811 and the Battle of Fuentes de Oñoro in May 1811. It next fought at the Battle of Salamanca in July 1812, the Siege of Burgos in September 1812 and the Battle of Vitoria in June 1813. It was next in action at the Siege of San Sebastián in August 1813 and having advanced into France, at the Battle of Nivelle in November 1813. The regiment took part in the Hundred Days landing at Ostend in May 1815. It charged with John Vandeleur's Cavalry Brigade at the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815. After the battle, their commander, Lieutenant-colonel James Hay, lay so badly injured that he could not be moved from the field for eight days. The Regiment had been the sole British Cavalry Regiment to serve throughout the Peninsular War and at the Hundred Days. In the Victorian era, the Regiment was dispatched to Ireland in March 1816 where it was re-designated as a Lancer Regiment in September 1816, becoming the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons (Lancers). It returned from Ireland in June 1819 and was sent to India in 1822 where it saw action, using lances, against the Marathas at the Siege of Bharatpur in January 1826. It saw action again at the capture of Ghuznee in July 1839 during the First Anglo-Afghan War and at the Battle of Maharajpore in December 1843 during the Gwalior Campaign. It also took part in the Battle of Aliwal in January 1846, when the Regiment charged and dispersed a body of Sikhs ten times its size, and also fought at the Battle of Sobraon in February 1846 during the First Anglo-Sikh War. The Regiment’s title was simplified to the 16th (The Queen's) Lancers in 1861. It served in India between 1865 and 1876 and again between 1890 and 1899. Prior to the Boer Wars 1899-1902 the Regiment was awarded Battle Honours: Talavera, Fuentes d'Onor, Salamanca, Vittoria, Nive, Peninsula, Waterloo, Bhurtpore, Ghuznee 1839, Afghanistan 1839, Maharajpore, Aliwal, Sobraon. During the Boer wars 1899-1902 the Regiment landed at Cape Colony in January 1900 for service in the Second Boer War and took part in the relief of Kimberley in February 1900. This is a scarce, original, Cavalry Trooper’s Lance Cap of the 16th The Queen's Lancers (see multiple entries in the book ‘Head Dress Of The British Lancer’s 1816 To The Present’ by Rowe & Carman which illustrates & describes, in detail, the components & construction of Lance caps & page 96 which illustrates a 16th Lancers KC plate, the same as ours). The Lance Cap has the correct internal construction, skull and peak of black patent leather with waist of yellow cloth and red band. The rear has the correct brass metal ring & hook with 4 leaf mount. The cloth sides are covered in black cloth of the Regimental facing colour. Yellow cord with brass finials extends down the 4 angles. The cap has the correct green and yellow wool ball rosette with Kings Crown ‘QL XVI’ (Queens 16th Lancers) button and Lion’s head bosses with leather backed link chain. It has a brass plume boss with black horse hair plume. The cap is fitted with the correct King’s Crown metal rayed plate and badge comprising the correct Royal arms & pre WW1 battle Honours above banner ‘Sixteenth Lancers’. The Lance Cap is complete with original leather sweat band liner. The crown of the cap has a size label 6 5/8. The size is repeated in contemporary white paint on the liner. The cap has its original Lines. The price for this impressive Lance Cap to a Prestigious Lancer’s Regiment includes UK delivery. Sn 14666:8
£1,575.00

Victorian British 16th The Queen's Lancers Officer’s Lance Cap / Chapka With Gilt Fittings, Silvered Queen’s Crown Plate, With Pre Boer War Battle Honours Bullion Rosette & Black Cock's Tail Feather Plume. Sn 14666:7 - 14666:7
The 16th The Queen's Lancers was a Cavalry Regiment of the British Army, first raised in 1759. It saw service for two centuries, before being amalgamated with the 5th Royal Irish Lancers to form the 16th/5th Lancers) in 1922. The Regiment was raised in 1759 by Colonel John Burgoyne as the 16th Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, being the second of the new Regiments of Light Dragoons; it was also known as Burgoyne's Light Horse. The Regiment was closely involved, undertaking several cavalry charges, in the action leading up to the capture of the French Garrison of Belle Île in April 1761 during the Seven Years' War. It also made a major contribution to the British victories against the Spaniards at the Battle of Valencia de Alcántara in August 1762 and at the Battle of Vila Velha in October 1762 during the Anglo-Spanish War. In 1766 the Regiment was renamed after Queen Charlotte as the 2nd (or The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons, the number being an attempt to create a new numbering system for the Light Dragoon Regiments. However, the old system was quickly re-established, with the Regiment returning as the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons in 1769. The Regiment arrived in New York in October 1776 for service in the American Revolutionary War. It was involved in fighting at the Battle of White Plains in October 1776, the Battle of Brandywine in September 1777 and the Battle of Germantown in October 1777 before seeing more action at the Battle of Crooked Billet in May 1778, the Battle of Barren Hill later that month and the Battle of Monmouth in June 1778. The Regiment returned to England in spring 1779. The Regiment next landed at Ostend in April 1793 for service in the Flanders Campaign and was present at the Siege of Valenciennes in June 1793, the Siege of Dunkirk in August 1793 and the Siege of Landrecies in April 1794. It also took part in the Battle of Beaumont in April 1794, the Battle of Willems in May 1794 and the Battle of Tournay in later that month before returning to England in February 1796. The Regiment was then based in Ireland between autumn 1802 and 1805. During the Napoleonic Wars the Regiment were ordered to support Sir Arthur Wellesley's Army on the Iberian Peninsula and landed at Lisbon in April 1809. The Regiment fought at the Second Battle of Porto in May 1809, the Battle of Talavera in July 1809 and the Siege of Ciudad Rodrigo in April 1810. The Regiment also saw action at the Battle of Bussaco in September 1810 the Battle of Sabugal in April 1811 and the Battle of Fuentes de Oñoro in May 1811. It next fought at the Battle of Salamanca in July 1812, the Siege of Burgos in September 1812 and the Battle of Vitoria in June 1813. It was next in action at the Siege of San Sebastián in August 1813 and having advanced into France, at the Battle of Nivelle in November 1813. The regiment took part in the Hundred Days landing at Ostend in May 1815. It charged with John Vandeleur's Cavalry Brigade at the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815. After the battle, their commander, Lieutenant-colonel James Hay, lay so badly injured that he could not be moved from the field for eight days. The Regiment had been the sole British Cavalry Regiment to serve throughout the Peninsular War and at the Hundred Days. In the Victorian era, the Regiment was dispatched to Ireland in March 1816 where it was re-designated as a Lancer Regiment in September 1816, becoming the 16th (The Queen's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons (Lancers). It returned from Ireland in June 1819 and was sent to India in 1822 where it saw action, using lances, against the Marathas at the Siege of Bharatpur in January 1826. It saw action again at the capture of Ghuznee in July 1839 during the First Anglo-Afghan War and at the Battle of Maharajpore in December 1843 during the Gwalior Campaign. It also took part in the Battle of Aliwal in January 1846, when the Regiment charged and dispersed a body of Sikhs ten times its size, and also fought at the Battle of Sobraon in February 1846 during the First Anglo-Sikh War. The Regiment’s title was simplified to the 16th (The Queen's) Lancers in 1861. It served in India between 1865 and 1876 and again between 1890 and 1899. Prior to the Boer Wars 1899-1902 the Regiment was awarded Battle Honours: Talavera, Fuentes d'Onor, Salamanca, Vittoria, Nive, Peninsula, Waterloo, Bhurtpore, Ghuznee 1839, Afghanistan 1839, Maharajpore, Aliwal, Sobraon. This is a scarce, original, Cavalry Officer’s Lance Cap of the 16th The Queen's Lancers (see multiple entries including pages 77 to 80 of the book ‘Head Dress Of The British Lancer’s 1816 To The Present’ by Rowe & Carman which illustrates & describes, in detail, the components & construction of Lance caps & Victorian 16th Lancer’s plates similar to ours). The Lance Cap has the correct internal construction, skull and peak of black patent leather with waist of Gold lace and red band. The rear has the correct gilt metal ring & hook with 4 leaf mount. The peak is adorned with gold purl. The cloth top and sides are covered in black cloth of the Regimental facing colour. Gold cord extends across the top of the cap and down the 4 angles. The cap has the correct bullion ‘VR (Victoria Regina) rosette on a field of red and Lion’s head bosses with velvet backed link chain. It has a brass plume boss with dramatic correct black Cock's tail feather plume. The cap is fitted with the correct Victorian gilt metal rayed plate and silvered badge comprising the correct Victorian Crown Royal arms & correct pre Boer War Battle honours above banner ‘Sixteenth Lancers’. The Lance Cap is complete with original leather sweat band and silk liner which has become detached. The sweatband is complete but has service wear to be expected. The cap is approx UK size 6 1/2. The price for this impressive Lance Cap to a Prestigious Lancer’s Regiment includes UK delivery. Sn 14666:7
£3,750.00

Victorian, British WD 12th (The Prince of Wales's) Royal Regiment of Lancers.Trooper’s Lance Cap / Chapka, Queens Crown Plate With Pre 1899 Battle Honours, Rosette With Scarlet Horse Hair Plume & Lines. Sn 14666:6 - 14666:6
The 12th (The Prince of Wales's) Royal Regiment of Lancers, was a Cavalry Regiment of the British Army first formed in 1715. It saw service for three centuries, including the First World War and the Second World War. The Regiment survived the immediate post-war reduction in forces, but was amalgamated with the 9th Queen's Royal Lancers to form the 9th/12th Royal Lancers (Prince of Wales's) in 1960. The Regiment of Dragoons was raised in Reading by Brigadier-General Phineas Bowles as the Phineas Bowles's Regiment of Dragoons in July 1715 as part of the response to the Jacobite rebellion. In 1718, the Regiment was placed on the Irish establishment and posted to Ireland, where it remained for 75 years. In 1751, the Regiment was officially styled the 12th Dragoons. In 1768, King George III bestowed the badge of the three ostrich feathers and the motto "Ich Dien" on the regiment and re-titled it as The 12th (Prince of Wales's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons. A young Arthur Wellesley joined the Regiment as a subaltern in 1789. The Regiment took part in the Siege of Bastia in April 1794, which took place in Corsica, during the French Revolutionary Wars. Pope Pius VI was impressed by the conduct of the Regiment and ordered that medals be awarded to its officers. The Regiment landed at Alexandria in March 1801 and saw action at the Battle of Alexandria later in the month. The Regiment, captured 28 officers and 570 other ranks of the French Dromedary Regiment in an action in the Egyptian desert in May 1801. It took part in the Siege of Cairo securing the city in June 1801 and then participated in the Siege of Alexandria taking that city in September 1801. The Regiment next deployed for the disastrous Walcheren Campaign in autumn 1809. In June 1811 the Regiment embarked for Lisbon and took part in the Siege of Ciudad Rodrigo in January 1812, the Siege of Badajoz in March 1812 and the Battle of Villagarcia in April 1812 during the Peninsular War. It also undertook two charges at the Battle of Salamanca in July 1812 before taking part in the Siege of Burgos in September 1812,the Battle of Vitoria in June 1813 and the Siege of San Sebastián in autumn 1813. The Regiment next advanced into France and supported the infantry at the Battle of Nivelle in November 1813. During the Waterloo Campaign, the Regiment was attached to Sir John Vandeleur's Light Cavalry Brigade. At the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815, the Regiment charged down the slope to support the Union Brigade of Medium Cavalry. In 1816, the 12th Light Dragoons was armed with Lances after the Cavalry of Napoleon's Army had shown their effectiveness at Waterloo and were re-titled 12th (The Prince of Wales's) Regiment of (Light) Dragoons (Lancers). In 1855, it reinforced the Light Cavalry Brigade in the Crimea after the Charge of the Light Brigade at the Battle of Balaclava. In 1861, the Regiment was renamed 12th (The Prince of Wales's) Royal Regiment of Lancers. The Regiment was stationed in India between 1857 and 1860 in response to the Indian Rebellion and in Ireland from 1865 to 1870, before fighting in the Second Anglo-Afghan War in the late 1870s. The Regiment went on to serve and see action in the Boer wars 1899-1902, WW1 and WW2. Prior to the Boer Wars the Regiment was awarded the following Battle Honours: Egypt, Salamanca, Peninsula, Waterloo, South Africa 1851-2-3, Sevastopol, Central India. This is an original, Victorian Trooper’s Lance Cap of the 12th (The Prince of Wales's) Royal Regiment of Lancers (see multiple entries including pages 13, 19,128 & 129 in the book ‘Head Dress Of The British Lancer’s 1816 To The Present’ by Rowe & Carman which illustrates & describes head wear and badges as worn by the 12th Lancers). The Lance Cap has the correct internal construction, skull and peak of black patent leather with correct yellow and black cloth waistband. The rear has the correct brass ring & hook. The sides are covered in scarlet facing cloth. Yellow twisted rope piping with ornate brass finials extends down the 4 angles. The cap has the correct green & yellow wool ball rosette with Crown and ‘12’ (12th Lancers) gilt button and Lion’s head bosses with correct leather backed link brass chain. It has a brass plume boss with correct scarlet horse hair plume. The cap is fitted with original cord lines and correct rayed plate and badge comprising the Queen’s Crown Royal arms, Prince of Wales Feathers and pre Boer War Battle honour banners together with Sphinx on plinth Egypt Honour. The cap is complete with original leather sweat band liner. The crown of the inside of the cap has a partially visible ink stamp and WD arrow mark (all illustrated inset in image 2). The cap is approx UK size 6 1/2. The price for this impressive Lance Cap to a Prestigious Lancer’s Regiment includes UK delivery. Sn 14666:6
£1,575.00

**JUST IN** MAGNIFICENT COLLECTION OF ORIGINAL VICTORIAN & POST 1903 KING’S CROWN BRITISH CAVALRY OFFICER’S & TROOPER’S LANCE CAPS & LANCER’S UNIFORMS. Sn 14666 - 14666
This superb collection of original Lance caps and Lancer’s Uniforms has just arrived. The Uniforms are in the same splendid condition as the caps shown in the images but we have not yet unpacked them. The collection comprises: 17th troopers cap 12th lancer toppers cap x2 16th lancers officers cap with uniform 16th lancers officers cap only 16th lancers troopers cap 21st lancers officers cap early Victorian 21st lancers cap troopers 5th Royal Irish lancers officers cap 9th lancers officers cap 9th lancers troopers x2 Lancer band cap modern one of only 14 commissioned; made using traditional methods complete with certificate. The caps and uniforms will be listed individually in due course but should you wish to enquire about or buy one or more of the caps / uniforms, or even purchase the whole collection please contact for prices. Telephone us direct 0161-476-0436 or e-mail jc.militaria@btinternet.com
£0.00

Ancient Japanese Early Edo Period C1650-1700, Iron Kabuto Helmet & 5 Piece Shikoro Neck Guard Armour. Sn 14475:2 - 14475:2
The Edo period is the period between 1603 and 1868 in the history of Japan, when Japanese society was under the rule of the Tokugawa shogunate and the country's 300 regional daimyo. Armour in Japan has a history that goes back as far as the 4th century. Japanese armour developed enormously over the centuries since its introduction to the battlefield. It was worn to varying degrees by numerous classes and was seen on the battlefield both on mounted and foot troops. Armour was expensive to produce and held in high esteem by Japanese families. Japanese Kabuto helmets were made from iron or leather riveted together. Shikoro neck guard armour was made from several layers of curved iron or leather strips suspended from the bottom edge of the kabuto by macrame cords (odoshi) made from leather and/or braided silk. This is an original example of an early Edo period C1650-1700 Japanese Kabuto helmet with original Shikoro 5 piece neck guard armour plates. The russet iron helmet has copper fittings and slotted front mount for family or clan badge or mon. The helmet bowl without liner is approx. UK size 7 ½. The 5 Piece Shikoro Neck Guard Armour iron scales are undamaged and require binding together by cord or leather and attaching to the helmet bowl. The price for this ancient Japanese piece which would make a superb display piece when assembled includes UK delivery. Sn 14475:2
£1,100.00

WW2 Era Italian Colonial Infantry Tropical Helmet. Sn 14416 - 14416
This is an original WW2 era Italian Colonial Infantry Tropical Helmet. The helmet’s tan canvas body, sweatband, lining and leather chin strap with buckle are clean and undamaged. It has the correct brass hook chin strap bales. The right side of the helmet is mounted with the correct cockade pocket. The crown of the helmet has the correct alloy vent with original olive green paint. The inside of the helmet is stamped with number ‘56’ (size). The helmet is approx UK size 6 ½. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 14416
£275.00
Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next Page 6 of 15